DROID 2.1 Update thread.

desecr8r

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
emmac1, that is correct except for the "if all goes good", that was more of the case back on the 18th I think. The update is already scheduled for push, its comin folks.

Reactions: mjesenovec
R

Roy Aguilera

No need to bring those 2 tired and retired threads back. This will be the official for now.

R

Roy Aguilera

The rollout has started a coworker got hers a few minutes ago. She is the only female with a Droid at work. Wonder how they are selecting the update receivers this time around.

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

No need to bring those 2 tired and retired threads back. This will be the official for now.

Ok........I trust your judgement above any else.

And to everyone who where nay-sayers, I just wanna do a little poot in ya'lls eyes.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted already - but Engadget has a front page story saying it's rolling out today. I'd link it but I don't have enough posts!

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with VZW, and the update is scheduled to roll out today at noon EST to 1,000 users. Then, 9,000 more at 11:59 PM tonight. After that, batches of 200,000.
The rep read me the corporate e-mail that they received about the release, so it must be happening.
ESE81? Wonder what changed?

R

Roy Aguilera

I just got off the phone with VZW, and the update is scheduled to roll out today at noon EST to 1,000 users. Then, 9,000 more at 11:59 PM tonight. After that, batches of 200,000.
The rep read me the corporate e-mail that they received about the release, so it must be happening.
ESE81? Wonder what changed?

Not sure but it did start rolling out at 12 eastern.

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Take this for what it is....I just spoke to Verizon tech support (about an unrelated matter) and of course, I brought up the 2.1 issue.
I was told that it started rolling out last Thursday and should be done within 2 weeks.

R

Roy Aguilera

Take this for what it is....I just spoke to Verizon tech support (about an unrelated matter) and of course, I brought up the 2.1 issue.
I was told that it started rolling out last Thursday and should be done within 2 weeks.

You got a bad rep. It started today. :D

G

GenericMessage

Verizon's been saying that for......3 months now.

Sometimes they know, sometimes they dont