DROID 2.1 Update thread.

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love VZW. I had the BB Tour since it was released. We all were begging for the 5.0 software. I switch to Android and what happens 4 days later? VZW realses the 5.0 with PTT!!! Love my guys @ Big Red!!

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
moto droid 2.1 ese81 update or stay rooted?

just wanted to get everyones input on this topic... will the ese81 update allow us to root? how many screens? i just wanted to see what everyone thought....:D

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm probably going to update it for the baseband update alone, and then utilize something like Pete's "sure to come" ESE81 based BB update.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I will do the reverse - I am going to keep my 5 screens and the 3D launcher, and wait for UD or CM to update their baseband. I don't have call quality issues, so it's not a worry for me.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Gentlemen, Gentlemen --

We are seriously off the topic, and will be frozen. Let us forget Alcoholic Enhancement of Perception of Females and concentrate on the damn 2.1 update. How many of you have actually received it thus far? Or is this another Cause for Heartbreak.....

- VF

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Not many are going to get it. As someone (DA?) said earlier, only 1000 are going out today before 9 pm. Wait until tomorrow or Thurs before everyone should be getting the update.

Does anyone know if this build can be rooted/already rooted based on the current cracks off of ESE53? I don't know if it can be estimated at this point or not.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Gentlemen, Gentlemen --

We are seriously off the topic, and will be frozen. Let us forget Alcoholic Enhancement of Perception of Females and concentrate on the damn 2.1 update. How many of you have actually received it thus far? Or is this another Cause for Heartbreak.....

- VF

If it's going the way it's been planned, then it's a fair bet that we'll see very few people getting their updates for the next day or two. Hopefully there's no snags on this release so that everyone can get their update, but, barring a release of the update.zip anytime soon, we'll probably see more people posting actual findings rather than second hand stuff starting about Thursday.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Theres a Mandatory System Update page for Droid by Motorola on Verizons' website. Would post a link but apparently I must have at least 10 posts before posting any links. Just google it, its right there on the website, not like its hidden or anything.

That page has been there since the 2.0.1 update!

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hope I'm not getting off topic -- but I probably wont be going back to stock until the lovely folks @ droidmod update their rom. Not much to gain here for me really.

Anyone have any thoughts/guesses as to how long it'll take them to update their rom? I can't imagine it'll take too long considering there are other 2.1 roms out there already.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc