DROID 2.1 Update thread.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Well, it seems to be the case...

I have the Seidio extended battery, the gigundious one... And, have always had to restart the phone halfway through the day as it shows the battery is @ 10%/dead. After the restart, it goes back to say 70%. Daily ritual, and seems to be a well known quirk in the forums.

Well, since the 2.1 update yesterday, it now seems to be accurate. For the first time today, it lasted all day, when it sorta got low-ish, 60-70% I restarted and it came back 60-70%-ish... Interersting...

Anyone else?

This was a legot issue that more regarded the extended battery and the OEM indicator, it will be hard for someone one to even find the issue in this thread should they be looking for it.

I'm quite into it and even "I" can't read through 80+ pages of babble. And haven't...

Thanks for combining it and effectively losing it mods...

Last edited:

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So tonight is the night that the first batch of 200K user should be receiving their official update. I have to assume that since they will push the update to random phones, all of us who have already updated will just make the people waiting just have to wait longer? I doubt that they will see the phone is already updated and then just send it to another person. In theory, a decent size percentage of update pushes could be wasted and possibly unnecessarily lengthen the update process.... Oh well, I love not having to wait for 2.1!

I guess well have to wait and see how the first of the large batches of updates go.

mjp81

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
So tonight is the night that the first batch of 200K user should be receiving their official update. I have to assume that since they will push the update to random phones, all of us who have already updated will just make the people waiting just have to wait longer? I doubt that they will see the phone is already updated and then just send it to another person. In theory, a decent size percentage of update pushes could be wasted and possibly unnecessarily lengthen the update process.... Oh well, I love not having to wait for 2.1!

Easy for you to say. You aren't having a problem finding Google Earth in the Market.

So the Moderators will bundle my topic into a larger topic, but no one wants to help figure out why I can't get Google Earth?

At least tell me if I can undo the manual update. I'll wait for the OTA if it means getting Earth.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Easy for you to say. You aren't having a problem finding Google Earth in the Market.

So the Moderators will bundle my topic into a larger topic, but no one wants to help figure out why I can't get Google Earth?

At least tell me if I can undo the manual update. I'll wait for the OTA if it means getting Earth.
if your talking about the live walpaper just search earth in the market, but i think you have to be on 2.1 before you can find it(someone correct me if i am wrong)

Last edited:

tangodaz

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Please help. As a droid rookie, I tried to download 2.1 on my droid but when i select any of the 3 options, the reply comes back 'cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone. WTF????????????? Its a DRoooooooooid isnt it? Or am I missing something.. thanks for any help on resolution(s)

mjp81

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
if your talking about the live walpaper just search earth in the market, but i think you have to be on 2.1 before you can find it(someone correct me if i am wrong)

I already HAVE 2.1! That's why I'm asking if I can undo it! Damn it, now I'm getting irritated! Does anyone have answers either way?

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I already HAVE 2.1! That's why I'm asking if I can undo it! Damn it, now I'm getting irritated! Does anyone have answers either way?

What does it specifically read on your phone when you go to settings/about phone/firmware version?

After I updated and set my live wallpaper up the first thing I did was search for Google earth. For the heck of it I just research "earth" and "Google earth" on the market and neither time did Google earth so up. It is however in my downloads. Maybe they took it down for some reason...

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Please help. As a droid rookie, I tried to download 2.1 on my droid but when i select any of the 3 options, the reply comes back 'cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone. WTF????????????? Its a DRoooooooooid isnt it? Or am I missing something.. thanks for any help on resolution(s)
I had the same issue. You need to install Astro File Manger first from the Marketplace. Then you can download .zip files.

mjp81

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
What does it specifically read on your phone when you go to settings/about phone/firmware version?

After I updated and set my live wallpaper up the first thing I did was search for Google earth. For the heck of it I just research "earth" and "Google earth" on the market and neither time did Google earth so up. It is however in my downloads. Maybe they took it down for some reason...

2.1-update1, which is what the video said it should be. Build is ESE81.

Well, at least its not just me. When did you download Earth?

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

I don't think getting the update manually or OTA is any different. I got google earth after I manually updated. So, something else is up.

I'm sorry I dont really know what to tell you is the issue, but, it's not because you manually updated. Hopefully someone smarter than me will notice and help :(

And yes, the Mods are gathering anything you mention 2.1 in and throwing it here which is absoultely silly, as it is effectively deleting your post. Seems hardly anyone one reading here is paying attention to helping that much issues and are more just flying by fast to get fast info.

I had a uselful thread going and it came to a halt as soon as they moved it here. They may as well deleted it. :(

Obviously they aren't always so swift at making information usefully accessable and are just on a mission. The whole site may as well just be one thread. This thread is impossible to follow individual issues.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
2.1-update1, which is what the video said it should be. Build is ESE81.

Well, at least its not just me. When did you download Earth?

I downloaded 2.1 around 5pm EST yesterday and downloaded Google earth about a half hour later.

For what it's worth, on my Droid there is a serious lag on my home screen icons coming back after I exit Google earth. It take about a minute for them to restore. It's not a huge deal but a little bit of a pain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12