Hey guys, just switched over to Droid from Blackberry Tour. Like it so far, but I'd like to get a case that doesn't add a bunch of extra size, yet still adequately protects the phone. What would you recommend?

Side note: I searched but didn't really find anything. I'm sure it's there, but I got lazy. :-)

~Scott
    03-31-2010 03:55 PM
    Otterbox just came out with a Commuter style case for it. Their cases are prettty nice, had a lot of them on BB's.

DROID by Motorola Cases // OtterBox.com

I think I have a code for free shipping somewhere if you decide you want it.
    03-31-2010 04:15 PM
    Seidio Innocase Surface is a great case. Good protection, feel, and minimal bulk. If you use the OEM multimedia dock, be aware that if you use this case (or any case really) it will not fit. I wasn't thinking and bought my dock with the phone only to realize later that a case would render it useless. Luckily Seidio sells their own dock that allows you to use both simultaneously.
    03-31-2010 04:16 PM
    Also, I currently have the Seidio Innocase, it's about the same price. Nice case, no complaints. Mine is for the extended battery version, but same thing. Well made.
    03-31-2010 04:17 PM
    I just ordered my Otterbox Case. the code for free Fedex ground shipping I believe is droidshipping
    03-31-2010 04:18 PM
    I'm sure it's gonna be cool. I may go ahead and try it when I break this one.

I was gonna wait for Otterbox and then decided I wanted the Seidio ext batt and their docks etc. Now, I don't even use the media dock. Too bright in the bedroom. Hah...
    03-31-2010 04:21 PM
    Another vote here for the Seidio Innocase. It's really a well done case that looks good and isn't a bulky mess. I just wish the Innotraveler Car Kit wasn't $50. Ouch. I'll spring for it one day, but that's a hard $50 to part with right now.
    03-31-2010 04:27 PM
    Seidio Innocase definitely. There are some reviews floating around saying that the front piece didn't fit, apparently Seidio manufactured some duds, but I think that problem has been corrected now.
    03-31-2010 04:34 PM
    Alright, it's settled since that's what I was leaning towards anyways! I'm just gonna go ahead and buy the Seidio Innocase. Thanks everyone!
    03-31-2010 04:39 PM
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases sells beautiful italian leather holsters, barely adds any size to the phone, i can't even tell its in a case when it's in my pocket.
    03-31-2010 04:41 PM
    I was gonna say Otterbox but I was beaten to it I have the commuter case and it rawks.
    03-31-2010 04:42 PM
    Have you compared the Otterbox to the Seidio? Otterbox nicer?

I have the Seidio, but always really liked my Otterboxes.

Everytime I knock it off the nightstand, the faceplate flies off. It's not on there "really" tight. But of course the back is "quite" tight and hard to get off since of course I wanna change batteries on long days at work, haha..
    03-31-2010 04:48 PM
    Seidio Innocase Surface is a great case. Good protection, feel, and minimal bulk. If you use the OEM multimedia dock, be aware that if you use this case (or any case really) it will not fit. I wasn't thinking and bought my dock with the phone only to realize later that a case would render it useless. Luckily Seidio sells their own dock that allows you to use both simultaneously.
    I have the Innocase Surface and Seidio's side case that works with the Surface. I love both of them. I haven't sprung for Seidio's dock, but I'm sure it's a quality product.

The Innocase Surface is thin but offers good protection. The side case is heavy duty leather. The magnetic snap does not send it into dock mode. Both are highly recommended.
    03-31-2010 06:46 PM
    I know you said you didn't want much extra bulk. I'm using a Piel Frama leather case, after using for a few months. I'm really liking it more and more and it doesn't really feel that bulky after getting used to it. Check it out as another idea. I did a review of it on this forum here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ola-droid.html
    03-31-2010 07:23 PM
    Have you compared the Otterbox to the Seidio? Otterbox nicer?

I have the Seidio, but always really liked my Otterboxes.

Everytime I knock it off the nightstand, the faceplate flies off. It's not on there "really" tight. But of course the back is "quite" tight and hard to get off since of course I wanna change batteries on long days at work, haha..
    Otterbox will surprise you. I don't want to test, but it feels like I could drop this sucker from 10' onto concrete and it would be no worse for wear. I tried dropping it from 4' on the back and the front, this case handles it like a champ. The front case is hard, but it seems to have more strategic snaps on it that don't go far enough in to interfere with the slider mechanism. With the right snap being lifted they all break loose, but it stays on really well.

I have the Seidio holser/case combo and I'm probably converted to the Otterbox. It's far better protected.
    03-31-2010 07:59 PM
    Oh, you do have the Seidio innocase and are now sold on the Otterbox... Well, that says a lot. I knew the otter box would be nice.

Sucks, I have about 105 bucks in the seidio Innocase extended battery, Innocase, and the media dock.
    03-31-2010 09:09 PM
    I'm not sure if you like the snap on cover cases but Seidio is always a good way to go
    03-31-2010 09:16 PM
    Oh, you do have the Seidio innocase and are now sold on the Otterbox... Well, that says a lot. I knew the otter box would be nice.

Sucks, I have about 105 bucks in the seidio Innocase extended battery, Innocase, and the media dock.
    It's mainly because of the silicone under the snapon plastic. They really did it slick, it has far more shock absorption to it.
    03-31-2010 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD