How to purposly brick a Droid?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Tell me why, and maybe I'll tell you how.

I work for a large company that has alot of developers, including Android.

We want to make sure that while our apps are running and a Droid is bricked for any reason, the database on the cards isn't hosed or corrupted.

I have a few Droids that I need to purposly brick and would like an easy to use method.

doesn't make much sense, but this is the task I've been asked of my manager.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

We want to make sure that while our apps are running and a Droid is bricked for any reason, the database on the cards isn't hosed or corrupted.

I have a few Droids that I need to purposly brick and would like an easy to use method.

While the phone is running, plug it in to your pc and fire up adb

su
cd /etc/framework
rm -rf *.*
reboot

for a permanent brick, flash a GSM radio image intended for the milestone.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
And the developers don't know how to brick a phone? That's well, umm, interesting.

They are new to the Android OS.

We have a large Windows Mobile division and want to branch out to Android.

We deal mostly in C#, SQL, and C++

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

anychance i could get a slightly used Droid from you? tryin to past the time until Nexus 1 comes out on VZW

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You can't permanently brick the droid unless you somehow write over the bootloader. If you can get into the bootloader you can sbf the phone and it isn't bricked.

nathan9214

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If i brick my phone this way, would warranty have any of knowing it was rooted. i got my new phone from warranty today and i have to send the other one back without then having an idea it was rooted, or else i pay $299 :/

Alissa babezzz

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
go To /system/build.prop and open it with text editor and delete A FEW LINES and save it and delete the Build.prop Bak if theres any then reboot and your all done

Swapnil Wankhede

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
Tell me why, and maybe I'll tell you how.

Hey Bro,
This is Swapnil Wankhede and I wish to purposely brick my android Moto G first gen because :

My phone wasn't functioning properly, I unlocked bootloader, flashed android 4.2 then some days later i got an OTA update. did that, bricked the phone.
Now, my phone was getting detected as qhs_usbbulk something like that, installed Qualcom drivers and performed a "blankflash"
This is where things went wrong.
Phone stuck at boot loader not.
Bootloader is locked,(i guess corrupted)
Can't go to recovery,
Can't flash.
I think re-bricking it will allow me to blankflash it again.
Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech