ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
We're certainly not the last! We're probably the (or among the) first phone released without 2.1 to update to it no?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Nope froyo would be great let's just hope they can get all older devices up to it so we stop hearing talk of Android being to fractured. Still don't know why people blame Google blame the manufacture that refuses to update their phones

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
We're certainly not the last! We're probably the (or among the) first phone released without 2.1 to update to it no?

I'm pretty sure you're right. It may have seemed like we were the last group of Milestone/Droid owners to get it, but I think practically every other phone out there is still waiting for their 2.1.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind 2.2 though...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Even though it seems like we have waited a lifetime for this update, the Droid and Milestone is still the only other device aside from the Nexus One that is now running Android 2.1.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You really don't even need to wait for the updates just root and you would have had all these new options months before. I could have never done that with my Blackberry.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually yes you could have. Leaked and other companies OS's worked on most Blackberries, just had to delete one file on your PC (Vendor.xml) I had an 8330 Curve from Sprint but ran all kinds of BB OS's on it, but rarely if ever a Sprint one.