Gonna make the switch

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have had the Storm since it came out. It was my first smart phone. It has been pretty good since I have started using the leaked and now official 5.0 OS. I have been thinking about making the switch since I am a gmail user and don't use my storm for work. I don't think I will be eligible for an early upgrade until near the end of November, but am looking strongly at both the Droid and the Eris. I know the wife is excited to get my storm.

Does anybody know if the Eris is going to be doggish in performance next to a Droid? I know the Droid is more powerful, but am wondering if the experience will be crappy.

I have concerns about the longevity of the sliding keyboard and think it will be a lot easier to get a protective skin for the Eris.

As far a concern about the sliding keyboard. That is why insurance is a must for me. Storm 1 is about the only phone I never had to get replaced for damage, and that really suprised me after getting Storm on day one.

Headshrink

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I highly doubt i'll find myself longing for my S1, I'm ready to make the move over to the Droid. Theirs just too many cool features it will posses out the box, and VZw actually seems committed to this device success.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been a Black Berry user for the last 5 years and really liked each of the devices (8330 curve >9530 storm >9630 tour). I never would have thought any non Black Berry would catch my eye like the Droid is doing. I will be watching the forums after the launch and stop in to verizon to play with it. If the Droid is as good as everyone is saying I might have to make the switch. The videos I'm seeing the Droid looks great so I hope it lives up to all the hype.

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm switching from an iPhone 3Gs to the Droid,

well of course, not completley "switching" just yet... i'm not going to PORT my number over right away i will use it for about a week or so before i make the choice.

I'm a gadget lover not an iPhone Fanboy, i have however had all 3 iPhones, the 2G, 3G and now the 3Gs..

I'm mainly switching over because Android the OS itself is sucking me into it's direction more then the iPhone OS is.

I'm not mainly switching because of the MOTOROLA model itself persay.. but more of a combination of both, i didn't hardware wise like the other android models but i think this one is worthy of looking into.

If i like the OS and everything, then i'll keep it and also buy whatever newer android models come out if the hardware is better then the Droid in the future.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just put a deposit down on a Driod at Best Buy myself. Had the Storm for a year and what a LONG year that was. Wasn't impressed with the Storm 2. Figure I can try it for 30 days and if for some reason I am not impressed, I can return it.

bb.storm.808

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Same here. Had this Storm since it came out, and so far, have loved it. I'm just checking out the forums around to see what kind of feedback about android has already been discussed. I don't know if I'll make the switch, but it sure is tempting!

Brianh23

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I switched from at&T and couldn't be happier. However, bought the storm 2 on the 28th and have to say that it's not what I thought it would be. Can't wait to use up my one exchange on the Droid! Definitely worth it! I've had a lot of BB, but it's just so slow compared to Droid. Can't wait till tomorrow!

Safarii

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
not going to lie. i am an apple fanboy.... i have everything.... but i just couldnt bring myself to go to ATT so i am super excited for the Droid...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've found this forum to be most helpful for my android addiction. I'm sure after the droid/eris are released for a bit it will grow and grow and grow...