So I have a mp3 set for my default ringtone and then I have a mp3 set for two contacts, different for all three. When my wife calls it plays the default for the phone, not her specific ringtone.

I'm I missing something?
    04-05-2010 11:48 AM
    In words of Pink Floyd, "Hello, is anybody out there?"
    04-06-2010 10:56 AM
    What is the point of this forum if no one will respond to questions, I bet the answer to this one isn't even that hard but I don't have the answer so I hoped someone would respond!
    04-13-2010 10:36 AM
    What is the point of this forum if no one will respond to questions, I bet the answer to this one isn't even that hard but I don't have the answer so I hoped someone would respond!
    Wow calm down guy! The thread was probably pushed down by other threads.
    Umm it should be working? Try reselecting the ringtone for her.

I'm trying to think of why it isn't working...what are your settings?
    04-13-2010 10:55 AM
    I've noticed for specialized tones (not specific contacts) but messaging tones, that they tend to get jumbled when my sd card is a mess, have you tried cleaning it up a little bit?
    04-13-2010 11:29 AM
    Thanx for replying. I've seen several people talk about the structure for the SD card, I have mine organized but not to the extent I've seen written. I have my music in a music folder arranged by artist them album and I have some ringtones I've made in a folder called ringers. I have my wife's ringtone set to one of the ringtones I created but the overall ringtone for the phone is a MP3.
    04-13-2010 12:11 PM
    Also I have gone through and reselected the individual ringtones after the overall phone ringtone was selected.
    04-13-2010 12:14 PM
    I'm not fluent in how its supposed to be structured because I've never done specific ringtones, so I can't help you much more than what I've said already
    04-13-2010 12:14 PM
    So does the structure matter? It appears the OS finds my data on it's own and if a ringtone isn't available I can just go to it, play it, long press and select use as ringtone and then I have it available in the ringtone menu.
    04-13-2010 12:20 PM
    I can't tell you anything about structure yet, but I would say try setting the contact ringer to a stock ringer that's included with the Droid and see if that works. If that works you can eliminate at least one possible issue.
    04-13-2010 12:29 PM
    Good call, I'll try that.
    04-13-2010 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD