I have a friend in a different state that bought a OD on ebay. She got it yesterday, activated it and fired it up. The thing goes CRAZY. It flies through the screens, starts apps and dials phone numbers without her even touching it. It wont respond in any way to her inputs. I had her try a battery pull and it didn't help. I have a Dinc and I've never heard of this. Before she sends it back is there anything she can try to fix it?

Any help at all would be great!
    06-17-2011 08:33 AM
    I would suggest doing a factory reset and see if that stops the screen. If that doesn't work you might want to consider returing the phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    06-17-2011 08:43 AM
    I would suggest doing a factory reset and see if that stops the screen. If that doesn't work you might want to consider returing the phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quick response. Shes trying to do that. Its not easy because its like there is someone pushing icons and moving the screens. Thanks for the help!
    06-17-2011 08:52 AM
    Try booting into the recovery and doing a full wipe/reset from there.

Turn the phone off, hold x, turn on. Use volume keys (or dpad) to navigate. Camera button selects.

Not sure if the stock recovery has the option to do a factory reset but it should.

Sent from my Droid
    06-17-2011 01:55 PM
    Try booting into the recovery and doing a full wipe/reset from there.

Turn the phone off, hold x, turn on. Use volume keys (or dpad) to navigate. Camera button selects.

Not sure if the stock recovery has the option to do a factory reset but it should.

Sent from my Droid
    This is corrrect but once you power on holding x, you will see a triangle with a ! ,then you need to push volume up and camera at the same time to access the recovery menu. Then you use the volume buttons for up/down and camera for select, pushing the power button will take you back a menu once you select something and went into a sub-menu.
    06-23-2011 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD