"discharging" while charging with car adapter

balthuszar

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
i use a Motorola Droid(OG) running Rooted Stock Froyo...here's my problem...we went out of state to visit the in-laws this weekend, i use google music and navigation to get to and from the in-laws...and always have(at least as long as gmusic has been available), always with the phone plugged into the outlet in the car with a VZW branded charger...i noticed about halfway to the in-laws that the battery indicator in the corner didnt show that it was charging, and when i pulled down my notification bar to view the information from "battery indicator" it said my phone was discharging, and my phone was extremely hot(114.8F) when we unplugged the phone for a minute and plugged it back in, it started charging again...then again on the way home this afternoon, had the same problem, but couldnt get it to start charging again...when we started the return trip, my phone was charged to 100% before we started, and when we noticed the discharging it was almost down to 40%, this is less than 2 hours later...also, i dont believe it is GNav, nor GMusic, as i had this same problem last year, while i was sitting parked in a parking lot, waiting for my husband to get off work...is there a solution to this, or am i stuck until upgrade(october):mad:

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If the battery is overheating it won't charge until it cools down. Use of the GPS receiver will definitely cause heat as well as consume quite a bit of power.

always with the phone plugged into the outlet in the car with a VZW branded charger...
The brand is irrelevant. How many mA does it supply? You want roughly 1000mA/1A. If you're not supplying more than you use your phone will also discharge.

balthuszar

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If the battery is overheating it won't charge until it cools down. Use of the GPS receiver will definitely cause heat as well as consume quite a bit of power.

The brand is irrelevant. How many mA does it supply? You want roughly 1000mA/1A. If you're not supplying more than you use your phone will also discharge.
that would make sense...however, i could see that being not charging...discharging makes it sound like the charger is sucking juice out of the battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz