Drop won't start

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
hate this to be my 1st post. I've had my Droid since Late November and have never had a problem. Last weekend I got the OTA push for 2.1 and it went fine. Since then i've installed the Helix launcher (v1, not v2) and about a dozen live wallpapers. Everything seemed to work fine. Last night on the way home, the GPS wouldn't find my location so i tried to reboot it (that happens sometime and restarting it has always fixed it right away) However since then it's been stuck on the start up eyeball screen. It just cycles between that and the "DROID" screen. Any tips?

I tried pulling the battery and no change.

tried to boot in safe mode too with no luck

droid-life.com/2010/03/22/quick-tip-boot-motorola-droid-into-safe-mode/

Last edited:

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Check out this thread, it is rather simple to do, just grab the files, download them and run them as stated. It will downgrade you to 2.0.1 but you will get an OTA notification again to upgrade. This should solve your boot cycle issue.

forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-roms-hacks/7371-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

if i'm going to have to reactivate the phone anyways and that's the tool Verizon uses, why not just let them do it?

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I ended up letting verizon reset it. Lost a few apps, but no big deal and I've got to reset all my home pages which is a little annoying. Now the big question is what would cause that to happen?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Check out this thread, it is rather simple to do, just grab the files, download them and run them as stated. It will downgrade you to 2.0.1 but you will get an OTA notification again to upgrade. This should solve your boot cycle issue.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...7371-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

You should never hand that out lightly. At least put a warning on there about the possibility to brick your phone. SBF should also be considered a last resort before taking the phone to Verizon. If not vice versa