I know I am posting a lot of questions...thanks everyone for your help.

I am coming from the BB Curve and on that phone, when I downloaded wallpaper or saved pictures and music and other files, I had to make sure that it was saved to the SD card and not system memory.

Does the same issue exist on the Droid ? Can someone describe how this works on the Droid ?

Does the Droid automatically save whatever files it can to the SD card vs. internal memory ?

How can I tell what's stored on my SD card ?

Thanks again.... I know I just need to spend time playing with the phone.

Jason.
    04-11-2010 11:07 AM
    The droid will default the save destination to the SD card, if you remove it there will be an icon on the notification bar reminding you to put it back in, because it uses it so often,.

you will want to download Astro from the marketplace for easy file exploration definitely. it makes navigating and organizing your SD card on the go a whole world easier.
    04-11-2010 11:14 AM
    i didnt know you were allowed to save nething internally that wasnt an app or app data lol.

its never bad to ask questions thats how you learn... and from what ive seen u ask good questions which is appreciated. its fun to help people learn so they can help the next person who comes along. glad to have you in the forum
    04-11-2010 04:31 PM
    The droid will default the save destination to the SD card, if you remove it there will be an icon on the notification bar reminding you to put it back in, because it uses it so often,.

you will want to download Astro from the marketplace for easy file exploration definitely. it makes navigating and organizing your SD card on the go a whole world easier.
    i didnt know you were allowed to save nething internally that wasnt an app or app data lol.

its never bad to ask questions thats how you learn... and from what ive seen u ask good questions which is appreciated. its fun to help people learn so they can help the next person who comes along. glad to have you in the forum
    Thanks, yes, forgive me, I know these are basic questions.

Can you guys tell me if I have this right...

- apps. and app data are saved on internal memory ?

-other files are saved by default to the SD card ?

So if I am saving pictures or music, I don't have to worry about where it is being saved.....it will automatically be saved to the SD card, right ?
    04-11-2010 11:50 PM
    - apps. and app data are saved on internal memory ?
    Depends on the app. Apps are installed to internal memory but may also install space hogging resources on the SD card. App data may be stored on the SD card.

-other files are saved by default to the SD card ?
    Pretty much anything you download (say, via the browser) is stored to the SD card. If you download an app outside the market the APK file is stored on the SD card. However, when you install the app it is installed to internal memory.

In short, you don't need to worry as much as you seem to be. Android != BB. You don't have to bring over the OCD BB management behaviors that you're used to.
    04-12-2010 01:29 PM
    Depends on the app. Apps are installed to internal memory but may also install space hogging resources on the SD card. App data may be stored on the SD card.

Pretty much anything you download (say, via the browser) is stored to the SD card. If you download an app outside the market the APK file is stored on the SD card. However, when you install the app it is installed to internal memory.

In short, you don't need to worry as much as you seem to be. Android != BB. You don't have to bring over the OCD BB management behaviors that you're used to.
    lol, thanks, takeshi
    04-12-2010 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD