04-12-2010 05:07 PM
31 12
tools
    Also... when you notice this, do you check for data coverage? I noticed that a few times, I have to kick my device out of sleep and then play with the browser to get 3G back.

At that point, the email will come in.
    I have not paid attention to coverage, but I'm usually connected to Wi-Fi.
    04-12-2010 11:52 AM
    ^^since you're on wifi, I would switch to 3g for a while to at least rule out wifi as the issue.

As for Touchdown. It's definitely more compatible and reliable. And push works flawlessly. It also has much better folder /attachment features.

Here's the website:

NitroDesk Inc. - TouchDown features

I use both the Gmail app and Exchange via Touchdown and they both have performed well. My emails come in almost instantly. Every now and then there might be a small delay but that's only a few minutes for the most.
    04-12-2010 11:53 AM
    yeah, there's a free 5 day trial in the market. Give it a try and you'll see why it's better
    04-12-2010 11:59 AM
    I turned off Wi-Fi, BlueTooth and the MissedCall app. Powered off my phone and then back on. So far, both Exchange and Gmail have been instant...

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I'll see how the rest of the day goes.
    04-12-2010 01:02 PM
    I use gmail for all my e-mail (no POP or Microsoft). When I'm working at my desktop computer, I almost always get the e-mail notification from my phone before it shows up on my desktop. I am very happy with the gmail performance on my Droid.
    04-12-2010 03:18 PM
    I turned off Wi-Fi, BlueTooth and the MissedCall app. Powered off my phone and then back on. So far, both Exchange and Gmail have been instant...

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I'll see how the rest of the day goes.
    Awesome. Hope it continues to work for you.
    04-12-2010 05:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD