This is a problem I have expierenced a few times and it is aggravating..

I charge my phone completely in the evening, power it off before bed, then power back on in the morning.

The battery has discharged through the night! It is usually down to 15-30%.. However, one time, it was completely flat!

This does not always happen.. just once in a while...

My wife, and her precious pearls of wisdom, told me to just leave the phone on and don't worry about it.. But I am concerned.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I have did a battery pull and rebooted the system... Is there STILL something running in the background even with the power off?

I have not went back to the Verizon store yet because the nearest location is staffed with individuals with which I believe were laterally transferred from the McDonalds next door.. ( no offense to ALL Verizon employees )
    04-13-2010 09:03 AM
    I've never heard of anything like that..interesting, I turn my phone off when I don't have my charger overnight, but in the morning, its still right where I left it

Why don't you just let it charge all night?
    04-13-2010 09:11 AM
    This is a problem I have expierenced a few times and it is aggravating..

I charge my phone completely in the evening, power it off before bed, then power back on in the morning.

The battery has discharged through the night! It is usually down to 15-30%.. However, one time, it was completely flat!

This does not always happen.. just once in a while...

My wife, and her precious pearls of wisdom, told me to just leave the phone on and don't worry about it.. But I am concerned.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I have did a battery pull and rebooted the system... Is there STILL something running in the background even with the power off?

I have not went back to the Verizon store yet because the nearest location is staffed with individuals with which I believe were laterally transferred from the McDonalds next door.. ( no offense to ALL Verizon employees )

I have charged my phone at night and just before bed pulled it from the charger and in the morning it was showing completely discharged. This happened a few times and I called Motorola and they sent me a new battery. I would bet that they have seen randome battery issues and are replacing them as they need. Forget the Verizon store. They will put it on a charger and see it charges fine and do nothing. Call Verizon customer service and ask to speak to Motorola tech support. They will put you through. Now if they could only fix that stupid back door on these phones.
    04-13-2010 09:21 AM
    How long have you had the phone and how many times has this issue occurred?

From a hardware aspect, it may be possible that the battery is faulty and needs to be replaced.

From a software aspect, there may be something causing your phone to not actually shut down all the way. But I've not had the Droid long enough to delve into any possibilities here. Stupid question: You watch it completely power down and then there are no lights blinking on it at all all night?
    04-13-2010 09:23 AM
    If it helps my droid loses battery charge even if its off. I think thats normal though.

Maybe when you power off your droid for the night, just completely remove the battery and see if it still has charge after you put it back in. That could eliminate that it's a faulty battery.
    Otherwise, it could be a hardware or software issue.
    Most likely a hardware issue..
    04-13-2010 10:29 AM
    thanks!!
    08-20-2010 11:31 PM
    My droid was new in June, and I immediately noticed a similar problem.
    I could turn off a fully charged phone for the night only to wake up and find only 60-70% left in the morning.
    I took it back to the V-store and they replaced the battery.
    No issues since.
    08-21-2010 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD