GMAIL issue- please help!

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello all!

For the past few weeks (ever since I did a factory reset on my Droid), I have been having a major issue.

My Gmail won't recognize that I have actually READ my emails. Like, say I have 10 new emails in my inbox, I can go through on my Droid and read all of them, and it will still say Inbox (10) at the top. Even though they clearly are greyed out (as in, been read).

The only way to stop this is to go to my Gmail on my computer and manually open each email or mark them all as read, but only on the computer. What's going on?!?

JawKnee37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It works for me.

Both background data and auto-sync are checked for General sync settings under Accounts & Sync settings. Also, I have Sync Gmail checked under the Data & Synchronization properties for the Gmail account.

lissa5168

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings, Applications, hit the Menu button, select Filter, select All, scroll down to Gmail and Gmail Storage. Click on both of those and hit Clear Data in both of them. Then Gmail should resync fresh next time. Resets, wipes, and swapping roms will sometimes do that for some reason.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Go to Settings, Applications, hit the Menu button, select Filter, select All, scroll down to Gmail and Gmail Storage. Click on both of those and hit Clear Data in both of them. Then Gmail should resync fresh next time. Resets, wipes, and swapping roms will sometimes do that for some reason.

+1 for this method. Ali, you should have already seen an email about this once ;)

Clearing that will certainly help, it perked my gmail right back up!