came from Eris to Droid

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The option to remove these zoom controls is available in the CyanogenMOD ROM.

There might also be a way of getting rid of it through ADB but I'm not sure.

You need to root your Droid either way to remove it.

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Random question.... My wife wants a Droid Eris because she thinks its the "cutest" phone ever. I can't sell her on the Droid or the Droid Incredible.

Droid Eris runs Android 2.1 right?

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have google nav so it's 1.5. It's supposed to be getting an update to 2.1 though.

I don't think it is going to get the 2.1 because it is getting near it's shelf life.. I believe at the end of may...
Why would they roll out a new update for a phone that is about to be extinct..

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I don't think it is going to get the 2.1 because it is getting near it's shelf life.. I believe at the end of may...
Why would they roll out a new update for a phone that is about to be extinct..

For the sake of the consumer.

Just tell her the Eris is discontinued :p
Then give her your Droid and take the Incredible lol

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
She isnt eligible for an upgrade until August. I told her last night the phone was being discontinued so she would have to get the Incredible and she said she would still want the Eris over the Incredible lol. I wanted to surprise her so I was thinking about maybe getting the eris off of ebay or something like that but I dont want to buy it if its never going to run 2.1.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like she doesn't need, or want the latest version of Android. She just wants a cute phone.
My wife is one of those Technologically challenged people She gets an upgrade soon. No way would I get her a smart phone, I would spend most of my time explaining it to her and then have to listen to her complain about why it doesn't make phone calls.

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like she doesn't need, or want the latest version of Android. She just wants a cute phone.
My wife is one of those Technologically challenged people She gets an upgrade soon. No way would I get her a smart phone, I would spend most of my time explaining it to her and then have to listen to her complain about why it doesn't make phone calls.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it lol.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely get her a Sense powered Android phone. If she is not tech savvy cause Sense it much easier to use. The Eris is a much better choice than the Droid for being user friendly. I am pretty sure you will find an Eris somewhere, if thats what she wants, then let her have it unless you want her to have a better phone that does much more, then get here the Incredible.

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Any of you ever had any success on getting an early upgrade? I'd like to buy her a phone soon but Im not willing to pay an extra few hundred dollars just to get it a few months early.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I installed a rooted 2.1 rom on my friends Eris and it's way better than stock 1.5. The phone actually runs better, and the battery life is better. Sense is definately nice for someone who buys a phone based on "Pretty".

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I know the eris is EOL but they still have them online or in stores i would wait till then end of april since may isofficial eol so you might get a discount. And like you said she just wants it based on looks so buy her the eris retail n take her upgrade lol

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Yea reading what I did. Just get her the Eris. Ebay it or even craigslist. Whatever means.
The Droid is too much DOES for her to handle ;)