Droid still within 30 days, worth changing to the Incredible

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I think that both the Droid and Incredible are great phones.

However, does anyone recommend going from the Droid the the Droid Incredible if I am still within 30 days of purchase ? I am not clear on that the main differences are, except I know that the Incredible doesn't have a physical keyboard.

Probably not worth going through the trouble if both phones are good, but I am curious what people think.

I am with Verizon.

G

GenericMessage

In all honesty its all down to two simple questions.

Do you like more pixels? Do you like a physical keyboard?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
In all honesty its all down to two simple questions.

Do you like more pixels? Do you like a physical keyboard?

I am fine with the pixels on the droid and I do like the physical keyboard, though I don't use it unless I am surfing the internet.

I really don't see a need to switch unless the Incredible is really an all around better phone, etc.

I am not one of the types who switch out phones all the time, but I am still within my 30 days.

The basic question I had is : Can the Droid hold its own against the Incredible ?

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the other simple question is: Do you like Sense UI?

If yes then I would DEFINITELY go with the Incredible. If no then Droid. I have the Droid and its a solid device with a lot of support. Best phone i have had, but the Incredible looks really clean and snappy and smooth. And the sense UI is growing on me.

Go to the store when its released and play with both, Its a tough decision, I might go with the Incredible, 1ghz processor, sense widgets. Either way your gonna love whatever you pick.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the other simple question is: Do you like Sense UI?

If yes then I would DEFINITELY go with the Incredible. If no then Droid. I have the Droid and its a solid device with a lot of support. Best phone i have had, but the Incredible looks really clean and snappy and smooth. And the sense UI is growing on me.

Go to the store when its released and play with both, Its a tough decision, I might go with the Incredible, 1ghz processor, sense widgets. Either way your gonna love whatever you pick.

So, both phones are solid ? Right ?

It's the age old question.... ":did I buy last years model" with going with the Droid.... should I have bought the Incredible instead ?

As long as the Droid is solid for at least the next 2 years, I am good to stay with the Droid.

G

GenericMessage

The Droid is rock solid. I would dare the Incredible to do anything the droid can't (minus the sense crap, and you can root for that, and the camera)

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes with the Droid your buying an older device, but it will still be a solid device in 2 years. But lets face it, in 2 years the Incredible will be outdated as well. I have no experience with the Incredible but it looks as solid as the droid and built with quality.

I'm telling ya, figure out your standing on Sense UI and a physical keyboard. 2 largest things.

Almost any camera is better then on the droid though lol, its not the best interface and ehh execution. Decent but could be better.

Also im sure in a couple weeks the sense UI can be ported successfully to the Droid

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
^
That's the best answer I've seen as a reply to that question thus far. I kinda wish that I had waited as well, but with the rate that phones are showing up there will be something to replace the Incredible as well.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It remains to be seen, but I believe the Motorola Droid will have a better radio than the HTC Incredible. Boy Genius's review hinted at it by saying the Incredible's signal strength jumped from 2 to 4 bars, while the Motorola Droid's signal stayed at 4 bars.

There have been many HTC Eris users with reception problems in weak signal areas, my wife included.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am currently asking myself a similar question. I do not yet have a Droid but plan on getting one when my contract is up for renewal on the 26th. I'm thinking of going with the Moto Droid but am not 100% on that just yet.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
lol this is a big boat we are all on as i will either be picking up a droid this weekend or the incredible next week i am very torn. the only reason i am leaning towards incredible is better ram/processor. other than that i like stock android better and keyboard is plus

junpar

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The only deciding points are in my opinion..
sense ui, like it or hate it.
screen: droid has a more high resolution screen.
keyboard: droid has a physical keyboard.
battery life: 5.2 hours talk on 3g on incredible... that's pretty pitiful for a phone. Battery life will most certainly be an issue with this phone. The droid has a 6.4 hour 3g talk time. The Droid has pretty darn long battery for a smartphone. Translate those times into actual user battery life, the margin between the battery life of the two phones will definitely become more than an hour.
Speed: the incredible is packing some more speed. Whether you actually need that speed is up to you. The Droid is packing a 550mhz, incredible has a 1ghz. Droid has a dedicated GPU as well. Droid has 256mb ram, incredible has 512mb.

Extra quirks of both:
Incredible has a 8mp camera, AMOLED screen, flash lite.
Droid has a 5mp camera, noise-cancellation technology.

In my opinion the deal breaker is definitely the short battery life..

anon(3792)

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have a Droid, still within their 30 day return period on April 29th, if you'll exchange for an HTC Incredible for me, I'll give you a 2 week old Droid plus $100. I'm 6 weeks into my contract, about to exchange my Droid for technical difficulties. If I hear from you soon, I can leave it new in the box and use an old phone for a few weeks.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Keep the Droid, the Incredible doesn't offer much to switch phones. Besides, better battery, more memory and you can see the screen outdoors.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
To me it all depends do you like the hard keyboard on the Droid and do you like sense. Oh and can you live with the Droids poor excuse for a camera

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I went to Verizon today and they said I could switch out for the incredible no problem.

tough decision, both are awesome phones.

How would I get a feel for the "Sense" UI ? I guess I have to wait until it's in the stores. It's still based on Android OS, right? I assume the sense UI just sits on top of the Android OS ?

The verizon rep. told me she is swapping out for the incredible, but she has to always have the latest thing.

I do think I would like the 'form factor' of the incredible better, as I don't use the physical keyboard on the Droid.

It's frustrating when they could out with a new phone every month - it leaves us all guessing.

Anyone have an incredible yet ?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Have you played with the Eris? It has the older SenseUI on it but will give you a general idea of what the incredible will be like since it's pretty much an Eris on steroids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance