Electrify Rebooting

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month. In that time, I've had the Electrify reboot on it's own a few times. This past week it's been happening every day. It gets into a loop. I'm currently in the reboot loop and it's probably rebooted 10-15 times now and not yet come back stable and working. It's just stuck in the loop. I've pulled the battery 2 times (that seemed to have worked another time I got in the loop this bad).

Has anybody else had this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

raptor8964

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I got mine a few weeks ago, and it started happening almost immediately. I tried everything, including the master reset, nothing worked. Ultimately I took it back and they swapped it for a new one.

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I think I may just have to go back into the US Cell store and see if I can still get a new one. This reboots for hours at a time at least 3 times a week, sometimes every day. It's on 2.5 hours in a row right now.

JYo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had an Electrify since about March 2012, and have never had any problems with it. Then, out of the blue last Saturday evening, I got stuck into an endless loop of it booting/rebooting itself. It is also running sluggishly. I have cleared my cache, deleted any apps that I installed within the past month or so, but nothing seems to work. It will just randomly boot and reboot itself over and over until it feels like stopping for a bit. Has anyone else encountered this, and had any success fixing it?

I am on U.S. Cellular and running System Version 45.1.190.MB853.USC.en.US, and Android version 2.3.5.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'll take anything at this point! :p

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I had to scale back on the number of apps on the phone. It eventually stops. At one point, I had to do a complete restore as well. Although, that happened very early on. The times it happened after, it stopped. I don't think it's happened since I reduced the number of apps on my phone. I had a ton, and I still have 145 or so.

Jpolacko

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my since July of last year. And its been rebooting itself while im running a certain app like Tumblr.. It would work fine then all of a sudden it would freeze and shut down.. Its okay this is the last time I ever buy another Motorola Phone since they screw us outta a Jelly Bean update.. I think im gonna get the Samsung Galaxy III

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
mine does the same thing. Especially using tumblr hope someone figures out a fix.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Android Central Forums

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Delete apps. I found you can't have a lot. See above. The best answer, get rid of the pos. I did that last weekend, and I've been much happier.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

ecols33

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. It is completely stuck in a rebooting loop and adb commands will not make it stop. One time I got it to boot into fastboot mode and the android was laying open like it should but it had a red warning sign over it. I want to be able to completely wipe it but I can't.