Yahoo Mail setup

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to do a factory reset on my Electrify. I am trying to setup my Yahoo email accounts using the Yahoo! Mail option in the account app. Every time I do, I get a "Login to the account failed, please try again" message. If this is an option, it should work one would think. I know this is how I had them working prior to the reset. I do not want to use the Yahoo Mail app. It's dreadful.

Yes, I have also tried manually setting it up, but that keeps telling me my user id/password are invalid. Which, they are not. I've tried both methods at least a dozen times.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? Please don't say another factory reset!!

Thanks!

joytulsa

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Yahoo Mail, via the stock email, stopped working over Easter weekend. And now, even though I know my id and password are correct, i keep getting the error that login failed, please try again later. It's very frustrating because I've had to resort to using yahoo mobile, which I cannot stand.

bcumings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I posted this at the Motorola Forums. They have a ticket open apparently. Here's the link to that forum. If I hear anything from there, I'll post it. That Yahoo Mail is app is just dreadful. I actually set my accounts up as imap, but I'm still not happy with it. It limits the number of messages I can get .

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9dbfe91c9b