Need help with lost but found pictures

Epic81

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i just got this new phone! Motorola electify put my sd card in and everything went to normal! I was lookn at my pics and noticed some were missing! Went to files and to dcim! I have over 1000 pic in my thumbnails so i looked there found the couple pics that are not in my gallery anymore but when i move them back there small thumbnails now not the full picture like before! Need some help as to what to do to make them back full size they are still in my dcim folder in the thumbnails folder! Any help would be awsome! I am also installing a backup so this dont happen again!

tina popielski

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i just got this new phone! Motorola electify put my sd card in and everything went to normal! I was lookn at my pics and noticed some were missing! Went to files and to dcim! I have over 1000 pic in my thumbnails so i looked there found the couple pics that are not in my gallery anymore but when i move them back there small thumbnails now not the full picture like before! Need some help as to what to do to make them back full size they are still in my dcim folder in the thumbnails folder! Any help would be awsome! I am also installing a backup so this dont happen again!

If you purchased the Motorola Electrify (not Electrify 2 or Electrify M), I'm excited to say I can help with this a bit as I had the same problem last year. First, definitely create a back up of your photos.

I'm not sure why it does it (I'm not a "techie" or "geek", just good a figuring things out on my own), but what the electrify does is creates a "thumbnails" (duplicate) folder of all the files. The original files should still be on the SD card though. This actually has an advantage: if you accidentally delete a "regular" picture, you can "copy" it back from the "thumbnail" folder. It took me a little while to figure out. I think there is also a setting where you can tell the phone to set the sd card as the main/primary storage.

If you purchased the Motorola Electrify M, and are having this problem (I did, too) - it could be a few things: I just upgraded to this phone on 3/4/13. I purchased a SanDisk 32G Ultra microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC as the description indicated this was the best card for smartphones and very quickly experiencing the same issue with my pictures. I eventually caught a very quick glimpse of a "filesys error" message. I took that card out & replaced it with a "regular: 32G microSD card I had leftover from a previous phone. I re-formatted the card and moved both my pictures & music to this card. After putting this card into the phone, everything worked fine.

I contacted Motorola customer service with this issue. We believe it is an issue with the type of card.