Help...Flashing?

fitchkid81

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone...newb here. Ive tried everything so far. Ok..heres the story. I have Straight Talk service now and I love it....the phone...not so much lol Its just the basic phone threw them. Their phones are so expensive. So for xmas my girl gave me her old motorola electrify 2. She has US Celluar so this phone is locked. I tried a few "unlock" websites and got unlock codes. Theirs no way to prompt a screen to put them in? So a nice person at FreeUnlocks said theres no way around that and the phone has to be flashed? Ive tried googling it and have no idea. Just sux..this Electrify phone is amazing but is so stupid its locked to US Cellular..you would think buying a phone you would be able to use it with any carrier you want. So please any help would be huge. Thankyou so much!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone...newb here. Ive tried everything so far. Ok..heres the story. I have Straight Talk service now and I love it....the phone...not so much lol Its just the basic phone threw them. Their phones are so expensive. So for xmas my girl gave me her old motorola electrify 2. She has US Celluar so this phone is locked. I tried a few "unlock" websites and got unlock codes. Theirs no way to prompt a screen to put them in? So a nice person at FreeUnlocks said theres no way around that and the phone has to be flashed? Ive tried googling it and have no idea. Just sux..this Electrify phone is amazing but is so stupid its locked to US Cellular..you would think buying a phone you would be able to use it with any carrier you want. So please any help would be huge. Thankyou so much!!

Welcome to the forums.
Have you or your girlfriend called US Cellular to get the unlock code? Also, did Straight Talk confirm that device can be used on the network?

fitchkid81

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Have you or your girlfriend called US Cellular to get the unlock code? Also, did Straight Talk confirm that device can be used on the network?
Thankyou!! US Celluar has "no idea" what we're talking about. And they think what we're trying to do is illegal? Lol Its our phone ?!?! I got the unlock codes online but theres no screen to put them. I have a sim card that would work in the phone if it was unlocked. This has been so frustrating.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou!! US Celluar has "no idea" what we're talking about. And they think what we're trying to do is illegal? Lol Its our phone ?!?! I got the unlock codes online but theres no screen to put them. I have a sim card that would work in the phone if it was unlocked. This has been so frustrating.

Last I knew unlocking was legal, with carrier consent. FCC made it legal about 4 months ago. As for how? I do not know.

fitchkid81

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Last I knew unlocking was legal, with carrier consent. FCC made it legal about 4 months ago. As for how? I do not know.
Interesting...damn. Hmm I have no idea what to do...sux cause i love this phone but dont want US Cellular.. service sux around here and expensive(sry to whoever has them). Just want this phone unlocked so i can use my straight talk sim in it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting...damn. Hmm I have no idea what to do...sux cause i love this phone but dont want US Cellular.. service sux around here and expensive(sry to whoever has them). Just want this phone unlocked so i can use my straight talk sim in it.

Maybe straight talk can help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol