Could this possibly be an Android taking on the Blackberry line?

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
That'll be the Charm, and I've been using one for 2+ weeks, it's much closer to what a Blackberry user would want if they switch over to Android.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know why people are saying it's only the Charm...the flipout, once, you know, flipped out (screen opened), looks very similar to the Charm, does it not? Maybe I have just been crazy and need to see more pictures of both devices, but the keyboard is really only different in terms of key placement and everything (and the navigation is on opposite sides of the keyboards of each phone)...other than those, the size and shape of the keyboards look to be about the same...couldn't these both, theoretically, be competing with RIM?

BUT, with the (very) recent news leaks of the Droid PRO for Verizon and the Motorola Spice destined for Brazil, those two compete even more with RIM over Blackberry devices, and also a little with Palm/HP over their Pre and Pixi devices according to those who've owned those products too.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know why people are saying it's only the Charm...the flipout, once, you know, flipped out (screen opened), looks very similar to the Charm, does it not? Maybe I have just been crazy and need to see more pictures of both devices, but the keyboard is really only different in terms of key placement and everything (and the navigation is on opposite sides of the keyboards of each phone)...other than those, the size and shape of the keyboards look to be about the same...couldn't these both, theoretically, be competing with RIM?

BUT, with the (very) recent news leaks of the Droid PRO for Verizon and the Motorola Spice destined for Brazil, those two compete even more with RIM over Blackberry devices, and also a little with Palm/HP over their Pre and Pixi devices according to those who've owned those products too.

Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21