Low signal level....

rugved parte

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi android central.....
I have got Motorola one power....and there is very low signal level on it.....I tried resetting my phone as Motorola instructed me....but it didn't help.....I told them to fix network but no answer from them......the problem is there from the first day.... when I bought this phone....but when I change the network mode in 2G....the network gets full....again in 3G the phone signal level gets full.....but when I turn on 4G.....the signal is low.....tell me it's a bug or not...if there is bug.....then please fix it..... Motorola one power...has many users who have this bug.....please fix it.....guys.....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a carrier that has a low 4G signal level where you are. Motorola has nothing to do with that, you're just using the wrong carrier.

if there is bug.....then please fix it.
We don't fix phones. We're not Motorola and we're not your carrier, we're just a forum that helps people with phones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier are you on, and what's the exact model number of the phone? Are you certain your phone supports your carrier's network bands?

Also, if you have a case on, see if taking it off helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the phone should support those carriers' bands. Do you have a case on?

Also, go to the Settings>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type ​menu (if available). What's it set to?

rugved parte

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
No....now they have solved the case.... preferred network type is 4g......is there a bug in 4g..,.. will getting network improvement update can fix 4g

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, what do you mean that "they have solved the case"?

Sometimes, certain phone models will have worse cellular radios than others, so their reception is worse. Or it might just be a defect with your particular phone. Have you told Lenovo that the problem persists? Try asking them for a warranty replacement.

rugved parte

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
I tried asking for warranty replacement..... But they say there is no option for us to replace.....

Today they mail me and said......

Dear Rugved,

Greetings from Lenovo-Motorola!

I hope you are having a good day. If you are facing the issue even after resetting the device, kindly visit the service centre as informed earlier so the engineers at the service centre can diagnose the device and help you further.

We will also consider your feedback regarding the update.

Thanks & Regards,
Lohit
Lenovo-Motorola Smartphones

They will contact me.... tomorrow....regarding the update.....sir will they can fix 4G bugs with an update......?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they want you to bring the phone to a service center, so it might be worth doing that and asking the technician in person about warranty coverage (assuming there's been no damage to the phone).

I have no idea if they can fix 4G bugs with an update, because it's not clear what's causing the poor reception (hardware vs firmware). All you can do is update and see if it works better afterwards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's firmware corruption, then reinstalling the firmware might help. But if it's a bug in the firmware, then you'd have to hope Lenovo pushes a patch that fixes it. Sorry, but not much more I can say about that.:-\