[Moto One problem]

ahenseda

Nov 18, 2021
Visit site
I completed a trade of 2 old iphone 6s for 2 new Motorola One 5g with Verizon and I am getting call drops everytime! My wifi calling is off to troubleshoot and is still doing the same. When calling my wife on her phone(same as mine) it goes to voicemail a lot and when she calls me the same happens. Every call we make if it gets thru it drops repeatedly until we cant take it anymore. Even calling 911 seemed like it was calling but the call never went thru! I now use magic jack more than ever! Verizon has admitted that Lenovo(Motorola was sold to google and then to Lenovo) is having a problem but cant do anything about it! Meanwhile I am considering suing someone if Verizon dont replace these phone with something that works properly!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I created a new thread for your post, since you originally replied in an unrelated thread in the Pixel 6 forum.

If the phone's preferred network mode is set to 5G and if 5G is not strong in your area, that could be a reason for dropped calls and poor reception. See if you can change the preferred network mode from 5G to 4G LTE: www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-234892/

It has been long known that Google acquired Motorola way back in 2012, and then sold it to Lenovo in 2014 -- that's very old news, and has nothing to do with your current issue.