Android 11... what happened to call forwarding.

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
Moto One 5G Ace worked perfectly ( including call forwarding) with Android 10, then I received a notice to download updates and Android 11 was installed. Call forwarding 'NO" longer works with Android 11. Is their a patch for this in the works?

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
I do not see a call forwarding option in call settings on this phone. There is a caller Id option if you want to turn it on, but that is not the same as call forwarding from a landline to the wireless phone. In Android 10, If call forwarding is set up, the call transfers from my landline over to my wireless phone which rings, and the call can be completed. In Android 11, the call transfers over from the land line, the wireless phone rings, but when answered the call is dropped. Moto or Android need a patch for this. Why would they have this feature in Android 10, but apparently not have it in Android 11?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not directly familiar with this feature. How do you set it up? Is it something through your carrier? If so, it may be something you need to discuss with your carrier's support.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried logging into your online user account with your carrier? Generally something like Call Forwarding is managed and maintained by your carrier, your phone is simply just on the tail end of things. Perhaps it's just a matter where you need to enable Call Forwarding and re-configure it again via your account settings menu.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I do not see a call forwarding option in call settings on this phone. There is a caller Id option if you want to turn it on, but that is not the same as call forwarding from a landline to the wireless phone. In Android 10, If call forwarding is set up, the call transfers from my landline over to my wireless phone which rings, and the call can be completed. In Android 11, the call transfers over from the land line, the wireless phone rings, but when answered the call is dropped. Moto or Android need a patch for this. Why would they have this feature in Android 10, but apparently not have it in Android 11?
Welcome to AC!
I made you post owner

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
B. Diddy and smvim: Yes, you are both correct. It is set up through the voice area of a land line phone with the carrier. I have done that.

Laura K: Carrier is Xfinity Mobile

Note to all: I have been in contact with Xfinity and Moto mobile tech support. Xfinity tried to correct the problem for two weeks, Moto tech support, (they all seem to work in India or the Philipines) all try to be very helpful, but finally Moto tech support indicated they are having some issues with some functions not working properly in Android 11. Not one of them had any idea when a patch could be available. I thought I would try a forum like this. You never know who might have an answer to; is Moto working on a patch to correct this problem.? Yes... "strange" as it may seem, many people definitely still have and use their landline along with their cellphone. Battery doesn't run down and I can't remember when a function on one didn't work.
BTW: I appreciate all the answers I got already. Better than some forums I have posted on. Glad I found this one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems that if the call forwarding feature of your landline carrier is a simple forward to another phone number, the Android version shouldn't matter. Did you enter just a 10 digit number as the forwarding number, or did you also add a leading "1"? Does it forward successfully to any other numbers that you might be able to test?

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
I would tend to agree the Android version should not matter, but apparently it does. Because Xfinity could not fix this problem, they let me keep my Android 11 Version phone(which had been an Android 10 version until I installed the update that turned out to be Android 11) and they sent me another Moto One 5 G Ace with Android 10 installed and a new phone number, which doesn't bother me having a new number. I can actually use both phones. Android 11 version still drops forwarded calls and the Android 10 replacement phone does not. I am starting to get notices daily to update and install Android 11 on this replacement phone. I am ignoring those notices and every feature of the Android 10 version phone is working perfectly including call forwarding from a landline to this wireless phone. The only difference that I can see is the install of Android 11 caused this problem. Now about that "patch" for this problem... anyone heard anything?

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
While waiting for an answer, I thought of this. I learned that Android Central Forums is well established and provides a lot of useful information. Do any of the people who are in charge of this forum have a "hot line" to google Android in which you report problems that are occurring so they can consider patching same when a fix is not readily available?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
While waiting for an answer, I thought of this. I learned that Android Central Forums is well established and provides a lot of useful information. Do any of the people who are in charge of this forum have a "hot line" to google Android in which you report problems that are occurring so they can consider patching same when a fix is not readily available?
We're just volunteers who enjoy using Android and other Google products and like to help others, but we don't work for Google or any other hardware or software manufacturers. So unfortunately, no.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Built into pixels, not sure with other manufacturers. You can submit bugs. If it is a bug with Android and not a carrier bug they eventually deal with it. To me this sounds like a bug/ carrier"feature" though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wish we had that connection

Bob 45

May 27, 2022
Visit site
Correct. I have previously tried that on the phone that now has Android 11 and even a network reset several times. That does not correct the problem of a call being transferred from landline over to wireless and then dropped in calls with Android 11 version. Again, this does not happen with calls in Android 10 version.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Strange wouldn't think call forwarding have anything do with Andriod version as its forwarding to a number , could you try another number to call forward if its ok ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So example i have my business number through comcast a land line, i set up up through my business account online the number, i set up for call forwarding which is my cell number when landline cant be reached in the fields of my account under call forwarding , i didn't go through the phone settings to setup call forwarding just in case if u going through that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc