Do the default photos taken using this device store in Google cloud photos? Is there a way to have the photos store on the internal memory instead? Also is there a way to remove the Google widget from the home screen? Thanks.
    02-13-2019 01:10 AM
    Yes and yes. Explore your settings, and save your pics where you want.
    Press and hold the widget till you get the option to delete it.
    02-13-2019 04:53 AM
    To be sure, open your Google Photos app and check the Backup & Sync setting to make sure it's turned on.

Photos will always save to Internal Storage (or to an SD card, if one is present and if you have the Camera app set to save to SD instead of Internal Storage). Once they're backed up to Google Photos in the cloud, you can use the Free Up Space option in the Google Photos app to delete the local copies, since they're safe in the cloud.
    02-13-2019 10:57 AM
    Not trying to be disrespectful or un- appreciative towards your replies. But do any of you two own this device?
    02-13-2019 03:05 PM
    Not trying to be disrespectful or un- appreciative towards your replies. But do any of you two own this device?
    Personally, I own 1 of every device. Jk. No, and your question is a general android os question, which makes it generic enough that I feel comfortable answering. You could always Google it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....ard.html%3famp
    02-13-2019 04:56 PM
    Personally, I own 1 of every device. Jk. No, and your question is a general android os question, which makes it generic enough that I feel comfortable answering. You could always Google it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....ard.html%3famp
    I think this particular device doesn't have the option to change certain functionality like other android devices.
    02-13-2019 05:11 PM
    I don't have one either, but like methodman89 said, what you're asking about is a very basic functionality of Android devices (and of Google Photos). Google Photos wouldn't act in a particular way on your phone only, since it's an app that anyone can install from the Play Store. And the Camera app has to save its photos somewhere -- it doesn't just save directly to the cloud without saving to internal storage or the SD card as well.

Which functionality do you think your phone can't change?
    02-13-2019 05:53 PM
    I don't have one either, but like methodman89 said, what you're asking about is a very basic functionality of Android devices (and of Google Photos). Google Photos wouldn't act in a particular way on your phone only, since it's an app that anyone can install from the Play Store. And the Camera app has to save its photos somewhere -- it doesn't just save directly to the cloud without saving to internal storage or the SD card as well.

Which functionality do you think your phone can't change?
    It probably saves the photos temporarily on the device, but pics stored locally cant be located. Hence my question, perhaps maybe this OS is tweaked somewhat.
    02-13-2019 08:30 PM
    I see -- I didn't realize that was the problem you were experiencing. The photos should be saved to the /DCIM/Camera directory. Using a file manager, look in that directory -- do you see the photo files there?
    frederickdawg likes this.
    02-13-2019 08:49 PM
    i have a motorola one , open the camera app, select storage option, either internal or sd card.
    02-27-2019 12:00 PM