02-08-2020 08:28 PM
50 12
tools
    I am the opposite. I have zero interest in a folding old school style phone. I don't see why I would pay $1,500 for a med spec phone just because it folds in half.
    $1500?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-21-2019 01:48 PM
    This phone will be a failure due to screen failure. No foldable device will have a screen that will hold up to daily use and the cost to repair one will be way to expensive, I would rather see a rehular flip phone like blackberry had years back. I would rather carry a flip phone if it had a good camera then use my ipad for everthing else.
    01-27-2020 07:44 PM
    Anyone pre-order yet?
    01-28-2020 01:40 PM
    I preordered just to see what the hype is about. Have a delivery date of 2/6. Keep hitting refresh on my order hoping it would move from processing lol.
    Anyone pre-order yet?
    01-28-2020 09:17 PM
    I preordered just to see what the hype is about. Have a delivery date of 2/6. Keep hitting refresh on my order hoping it would move from processing lol.
    Cool! Can't wait to hear your impressions of it
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    01-28-2020 10:00 PM
    I can see a flip phone but the foldable screen in my opinion is a problem waiting to happen. I prefer a flip device and would have one if there was a decent one out there.
    02-03-2020 12:20 PM
    If anyone is around aVerizon store might get a peek ..

I was checking one out yesterday .. can't see myself with this one although it brought back some good memories..
    02-03-2020 12:31 PM
    Was just about to say that's a super strong signal, but then I remembered that it's in a store and connected to an extender lol
    If anyone is around aVerizon store might get a peek ..

I was checking one out yesterday .. can't see myself with this one although it brought back some good memories.. [IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200203/89164d5ba32229969b97ece712325793.jpg[/url][IMG=756x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200203/3c5b43f43986eedf827f886c170d0761.jpg[/url]
    02-03-2020 12:46 PM
    Was just about to say that's a super strong signal, but then I remembered that it's in a store and connected to an extender lol
    Haha for sure ...I wish the phone wasn’t so clamped down I was trying my best to get a good feel ...seems sturdy enough though in the crease inside screen there was one spot that looked like it had a little extra wear on it ...like a dimple ...
    02-03-2020 12:50 PM
    Anyone pre-order yet?
    Yes! I preordered! It won't be delivered until March 3rd though!
    02-05-2020 03:20 PM
    You're lucky! My delivery date is March 3rd!
    02-05-2020 03:21 PM
    Wow, what a big difference between delivery dates. I wonder if that is demand ramping up on the new razr. I do hope it will be successful.
    02-05-2020 03:58 PM
    They changed me to delivery on Friday not Thursday yesterday which is frustrating but guess I can't complain since at least the phone has shipped.
    You're lucky! My delivery date is March 3rd!
    02-05-2020 04:09 PM
    I’m absolutely ready for a good flip phone. After checking out the new razr tho I don’t think I’m ready for that flIp phone. I happened to be near a Verizon store today and went in to see this new device. I was disappointed to start with as I didn’t think it felt that good in hand. The plastic screen reminded me of one of my old windows pro phones from early in this millennium. The screen just seemed flimsy and cheap, to much give to it. I knew it would have to be this way to fold but not a good feel to me.

Too plasticky overall IMO. I really like the solid feel of a metal phone. It’s ok for a first effort but I wouldn’t spend that amount of cash on it.

I did not notice any crease in the screen, that was a plus. The flip lid seems to be spring loaded to allow it to open easily and not fast with a snap but more gradually. Probably designed to prevent damage.

I’m not knocking the phone just saying it’s not for me and I thought it might be. I’m sure lots of people will love it. I’ll be watching the real user experiences and reviews. I do think the Achilles heel of the Razr will be battery life.

Edit: I read an article describing the issues with the original razrs. A problem dubbed “white screen” was caused by to many slams of the lid disconnecting/damaging the cable between the two halves.

Probably the reason for the spring assist opening on this new Razr.
    02-06-2020 08:17 PM
    Maybe you have to feel it without the security attachment. Device definitely doesn't feel cheap(at least to me). Has a nice weight to it. Not a big fan of the screen ratio. May just have to use it for a bit.
    I’m absolutely ready for a good flip phone. After checking out the new razr tho I don’t think I’m ready for that flIp phone. I happened to be near a Verizon store today and went in to see this new device. I was disappointed to start with as I didn’t think it felt that good in hand. The plastic screen reminded me of one of my old windows pro phones from early in this millennium. The screen just seemed flimsy and cheap, to much give to it. I knew it would have to be this way to fold but not a good feel to me.
    To plasticky overall IMO. I really like the solid feel of a metal phone. It’s ok for a first effort but I wouldn’t spend that amount of cash on it.
    I did not notice any crease in the screen, that was a plus. The flip lid seems to be spring loaded to allow it to open easily and not fast with a snap but more gradually. Probably designed to prevent damage.
    I’m not knocking the phone just saying it’s not for me and I thought it might be. I’m sure lots of people will love it. I’ll be watching the real user experiences and reviews. Idothink the Achilles heel of the Razr will be battery life.
    Edit: I read an article describing the issues with the original razrs. A problem dubbed “white screen” was caused by to many slams of the lid disconnecting/damaging the cable between the two halves.
    Probably the reason for the spring assist opening on this new Razr.
    02-06-2020 11:22 PM
    Maybe you have to feel it without the security attachment. Device definitely doesn't feel cheap(at least to me). Has a nice weight to it. Not a big fan of the screen ratio. May just have to use it for a bit.
    Yeah, agreed being tethered to a cord does make it hard to get a really good feel for it. I'm def looking forward to hearing from real world users, shouldn't be long. I could have bought one today as they were in stock at the Verizon store I was in so they are available and the dude was dying to sell me one. After seeing it in person I was immediately wondering if they couldn't have used a less fingerprint prone surface for the front tho. I wonder if there is any type of cases for these. I remember seeing some really nice leather cases for flip phones of yesteryear.
    Sounds like yours is coming tomorrow, let us know how you like it
    02-07-2020 12:08 AM
    I do think the Achilles heel of the Razr will be battery life.
    That was one of the big problems with the original Razr (the V3). The other big problem was the terrible receiver, but since the radios are totally different these days, that probably won't be a problem. (And personally, the thinness was a problem for me - I could hold most of the phones of the day between my head and my shoulder - the Razr was too thin for that. But that's a problem with almost all cellphones today.)
    02-07-2020 04:28 PM
    Yea I received it yesterday. Was actually the case recieved today. I like the outside screen features a lot. Has a nice solid build. Speakers leave much to be desired and fingerprint is nice. My main complaint are the cameras. They suck in every single way lol. Can't remember the last time I had a camera on a phone that was this bad.
    Yeah, agreed being tethered to a cord does make it hard to get a really good feel for it. I'm def looking forward to hearing from real world users, shouldn't be long. I could have bought one today as they were in stock at the Verizon store I was in so they are available and the dude was dying to sell me one. After seeing it in person I was immediately wondering if they couldn't have used a less fingerprint prone surface for the front tho. I wonder if there is any type of cases for these. I remember seeing some really nice leather cases for flip phones of yesteryear.
    Sounds like yours is coming tomorrow, let us know how you like it
    cbreze likes this.
    02-07-2020 10:49 PM
    Yea I received it yesterday. Was actually the case recieved today. I like the outside screen features a lot. Has a nice solid build. Speakers leave much to be desired and fingerprint is nice. My main complaint are the cameras. They suck in every single way lol. Can't remember the last time I had a camera on a phone that was this bad.
    Cool, one of the early birds with the new Razr. I think the camera being lesser than the pixel’s was going to be pretty much of a forgone conclusion. Hope you can adjust. You said speakers, I believe it’s one speaker from what I’ve been hearing, maybe why it doesn’t sound as good as pixels.
    Curious what type of case you got. Like a pouch?
    02-07-2020 11:01 PM
    No I have the otterbox case which I don't like because it really makes the phone feel plastic, but afraid to rock it caseless in public. One thing for sure is that it's a head turner. Everyone notices that it's a razr. Someone actually thought I was rocking the original one because they saw it closed lol. The camera is a serious let down. They actually sent an update last night for the camera but it's still not up to par with the competition.
    Cool, one of the early birds with the new Razr. I think the camera being lesser than the pixel’s was going to be pretty much of a forgone conclusion. Hope you can adjust. You said speakers, I believe it’s one speaker from what I’ve been hearing, maybe why it doesn’t sound as good as pixels.
    Curious what type of case you got. Like a pouch?
    02-08-2020 07:29 PM
    Are you able to install GCam?
    02-08-2020 07:37 PM
    No I have the otterbox case which I don't like because it really makes the phone feel plastic, but afraid to rock it caseless in public. One thing for sure is that it's a head turner. Everyone notices that it's a razr. Someone actually thought I was rocking the original one because they saw it closed lol. The camera is a serious let down. They actually sent an update last night for the camera but it's still not up to par with the competition.
    Yeah, checked out that case and wow, pricey at $80usd.
    The actual phone is already plastic but this case from pics anyway doesn’t look to bad. Pretty well done but of course I don’t have the razr in hand and hard to speculate from a pic. I notice it does take care of the fingerprint issue for the outside front of the phone except for the glass of course. I’m sure some of the phone thinness is sacrificed tho.
    To bad about the camera, nothings as good as the pixel but I’d think it wouldn’t be that bad.
    02-08-2020 07:44 PM
    I saw a vid of it . I’m just not interested in a foldable type phone. The $1500.00 price tag doesn’t help . Ha
    02-08-2020 07:48 PM
    I saw a vid of it . I’m just not interested in a foldable type phone. The $1500.00 price tag doesn’t help . Ha
    I was pretty interested till I saw it and tried it out a bit. That took the wind out of my sails. It’s cool just not $1500 worth of cool. If it was under a grand I’d probably get it.
    02-08-2020 07:53 PM
    It doesn't look horrible. Keeps the astetics and not too bulky to be otterbox, but the phone looks much better without the case.
    Yeah, checked out that case and wow, pricey at $80usd.
    The actual phone is already plastic but this case from pics anyway doesn’t look to bad. Pretty well done but of course I don’t have the razr in hand and hard to speculate from a pic. I notice it does take care of the fingerprint issue for the outside front of the phone except for the glass of course. I’m sure some of the phone thinness is sacrificed tho.
    To bad about the camera, nothings as good as the pixel but I’d think it wouldn’t be that bad.
    02-08-2020 08:28 PM
50 12