Folks,

So who is ready for the return of the flip phone? While Samsung, Huawei and others have embraced the fold out tablet format, Moto seems to want to return to their roots, AND to one of there most popular designs. For 2019, they appear to be about to release an ultra thin, flip phone, BUT this ain't your grandfather's Razr! Closed it will be a thin compact, VERY pocketable phone, BUT once you open it, it will be a full sized 2019 flagship!

OK so who wants one? Who had the original? What do you think it will cost? I've seen the 1500 dollar figure out there. I GUESS that's better than 2000 or 2600! And hopefully they won't have any of the display issues a certain other company is having.

Here's a cool Android Central blog about the new Razr.....

https://www.androidcentral.com/heres...-folding-phone
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-29-2019 03:39 PM
    This is actually a foldable form factor I could get behind. I generally feel that I wouldn't need a tablet in my day-to-day activities, so the Fold and the Mate X aren't appealing to me -- thick, chunky phones (and fragile, as far as we can tell with the Fold anyway) that would probably weigh my pants down so that everyone can see my Fruit o' the Looms. But a decent-sized phone that folds up and is significantly much easier to carry in a pocket would be very convenient for me.
    kct1975, EMGSM, J Dubbs and 1 others like this.
    04-30-2019 01:22 AM
    If I were wanting to get a folding phone this would be the one I’d be most interested in. Never had the original razr. I hope it’s a winner and a sell out. Wouldn’t mind seeing Samsung lose some market share either. To bad Sammy stumbled out of the gate in their rush to be first. Oh well. I’ll be watching this new razr in the weeks ahead.
    kct1975 and pkcable like this.
    05-06-2019 09:12 PM
    If I were wanting to get a folding phone this would be the one I’d be most interested in. Never had the original razr. I hope it’s a winner and a sell out. Wouldn’t mind seeing Samsung lose some market share either. To bad Sammy stumbled out of the gate in their rush to be first. Oh well. I’ll be watching this new razr in the weeks ahead.
    I always wanted the original razr! And it's predecessors, the StarTac and the original MicroTac! Always thought they were too expensive. Of course now I think nothing of dropping a grand on a cellphone! lol
    cbreze and kct1975 like this.
    05-07-2019 10:15 AM
    Depending on the price. This is the Foldable phone I want.

I don't want a Tablet in my pocket. Phablets like the SAMSUNG Galaxy S10+ is perfect.
    pkcable and kct1975 like this.
    05-08-2019 09:25 PM
    If it has a full QWERTY, then it has my interest.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-16-2019 09:17 PM
    The difference in approach between Sammy and Moto is interesting. Sammy takes a decent sized phone and turns it into a tablet. Moto is apparently taking a much smaller phone (by today's standards) and turning it into a decent sized phone. The Moto is more appealing to me. It sure would be cool to spend a few days with each phone in order to see which one you like better.
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-17-2019 09:26 AM
    This is a bit of old news, but it looks like Black Mirror had the same idea: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackmirror...bleflip_phone/
    pkcable likes this.
    09-03-2019 10:33 AM
    This is actually a foldable form factor I could get behind. I generally feel that I wouldn't need a tablet in my day-to-day activities, so the Fold and the Mate X aren't appealing to me -- thick, chunky phones (and fragile, as far as we can tell with the Fold anyway) that would probably weigh my pants down so that everyone can see my Fruit o' the Looms. But a decent-sized phone that folds up and is significantly much easier to carry in a pocket would be very convenient for me.
    I agree. I can get behind this type of foldable phone.
    B. Diddy and pkcable like this.
    09-07-2019 02:39 PM
    I think that Motorola should look into developing a Razr with Kaios
    B. Diddy and pkcable like this.
    09-08-2019 03:38 AM
    Great idea!
    cckgz4 and pkcable like this.
    09-08-2019 01:41 PM
    I had the original Razr. I even switched away from my Nokia smartphone for it. As far as the new version goes, I'll have to wait until the price comes down a good bit.
    10-27-2019 09:56 PM
    I really, really love my Samsung note 9 and the Samsung experience since leaving Windows phone. As far as foldable skull, the Motorola razr would be the phone I would love to see become a success. My razor when it first came out years and years ago so cool as far as form factor. Flip phones for me would be going back to the time where I had a phone and didn't have a case. I would love to get back to that time.
    11-02-2019 04:39 PM
    Before I was a big BlackBerry guy, I absolutely loved my Razr!

And with BlackBerry handsets dying a slow and painful death, this modern iteration of the Razr is getting me all excited! The rumoured $1,500 price tag is a huge downer which will likely keep me away. But Im hoping v2 will be a bit more reasonably priced once foldables start to take off.
    11-03-2019 09:08 PM