10-26-2019 02:17 PM
    Wow, this forum is dead city.
    Today was announcement day and first look day at the new razr. Videos are up all over you tube if anyone interested in looking at it.
    I really like the look of this new razr and will be looking forward to hearing from some users once released in January. Still a ways to go yet and Verizon is the only one at launch to carry it. Will be more widely released at a later as yet undisclosed date. Also only comes with E-sim capability for what that's worth. Might not be easy to swap to another phone. The razor looks really good to me and much better form factor than the fold but just my opinion. Being pocketable is a big plus. Probably to pricey for me at $1500 but I hope it's a success and anything that knocks Samsung down a notch is good for competition anyway. The specs are not top notch but certainly adequate and battery is smallish but possibly they know what they're doing and might be a power miser if closed a lot. Guess time will tell that story.
    11-14-2019 02:27 AM
    Was thinking the same thing. Can't help but think how they mispriced this phone. It's a cool novelty but that's all.
    Wow, this forum is dead city.
    Today was announcement day and first look day at the new razr. Videos are up all over you tube if anyone interested in looking at it.
    I really like the look of this new razr and will be looking forward to hearing from some users once released in January. Still a ways to go yet and Verizon is the only one at launch to carry it. Will be more widely released at a later as yet undisclosed date. Also only comes with E-sim capability for what that's worth. Might not be easy to swap to another phone. The razor looks really good to me and much better form factor than the fold but just my opinion. Being pocketable is a big plus. Probably to pricey for me at $1500 but I hope it's a success and anything that knocks Samsung down a notch is good for competition anyway. The specs are not top notch but certainly adequate and battery is smallish but possibly they know what they're doing and might be a power miser if closed a lot. Guess time will tell that story.
    11-14-2019 04:07 AM
    +1 on the lack of enthusiasm on this forum. Will that be indicative of sales? Anyway, this phone is "cool"but in typical Moto fashion they don't get it quite right and it seems like they cut some corners despite a large price tag. For example, the battery is small. Obviously, real world use is all that matters but it's concerning now. The camera specs are mediocre, but again let's see. No wireless charging and no true water resistance. No expandable storage or headphone jack. The OS and updates? The list goes on not to mention durability..... Again, it's a very cool phone but I'm struggling with the price and the compromises.
    11-14-2019 09:17 AM
    +1 on the lack of enthusiasm on this forum. Will that be indicative of sales? Anyway, this phone is "cool"but in typical Moto fashion they don't get it quite right and it seems like they cut some corners despite a large price tag. For example, the battery is small. Obviously, real world use is all that matters but it's concerning now. The camera specs are mediocre, but again let's see. No wireless charging and no true water resistance. No expandable storage or headphone jack. The OS and updates? The list goes on not to mention durability..... Again, it's a very cool phone but I'm struggling with the price and the compromises.
    Yeah, some of those compromises may or may not be issues for some folks. It’s definitely not going to be for everybody. I think the nostalgia factor for a flip phone will carry some weight. I’m kind of weary of all the same old slab designs we have been getting for years now. Not sure a plastic screen device is for me especially at a premium price. I’d be interested in a flip style clam shell with a solid glass touch screen , smaller screen would be ok if it had top of the line specs. I think the move to larger and larger screens is getting nuts. To much emphasis is placed on up to the minute specs. Most users (non forum types) wouldn’t know this years processor from one 2 years ago.
    11-14-2019 01:42 PM
    Most users (non forum types) wouldn’t know this years processor from one 2 years ago.
    You are absolutely right. That said, if the "public" hears that a $1,500 phone has a lousy battery or camera, for example, that may really hurt sales. The form factor of this phone is really good but I'm personally having a hard time with the cost/specs value.

For whatever it is worth, most of the comments on sites such as Droid Life seem to be pretty negative.
    11-14-2019 02:39 PM
    Another thing to consider here is that Samsung is rumored to be coming out with a similar folding phone. If Samsung comes out with their phone relatively soon after the Razr release date in January, Moto could have some problems. But who knows.........
    11-14-2019 03:27 PM