Why can't they use the 855+?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I can let everything else go but if I'm going to drop $2,000+ CAN at least give me these latest specs.

Not greedy, not expecting the biggest battery, best camera, etc.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I heard it was a bigger power draw so that's why they went with the lesser chip. The battery also can't be any bigger due to the compact design so some things suffer for the good of the cause.
I'm betting the battery will be the weak spot on this and we will get a good idea how bad once it gets into users hands. Another thing is there are 2 batteries so it is balanced with one in each half. I further read that this prevents the battery from being as efficient so again we'll see in the real world tests by real people using it on a day to day basis.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hardware choices were probably locked in for over a year.

With that battery size, I doubt they were ever going to consider a Snapdragon 8xx series.

I was actually expecting a Snapdragon 6xx series.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I can let everything else go but if I'm going to drop $2,000+ CAN at least give me these latest specs.

Not greedy, not expecting the biggest battery, best camera, etc.
Agreed, it's an epic fail without higher end specs in relation to the "premium" price tag. 7m def waiting for version 2.

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Agreed, it's an epic fail without higher end specs in relation to the "premium" price tag. 7m def waiting for version 2.

I definitely don't think it's an epic fail without top of the line specs. It's a "no buy" for people who only care about specs but for the target audience of the razr I think it's look, feel and usage will be more important. It appears to be selling very well and that's really what the phone manufacturers care about and those sales will create a possibility for a version 2.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I definitely don't think it's an epic fail without top of the line specs. It's a "no buy" for people who only care about specs but for the target audience of the razr I think it's look, feel and usage will be more important. It appears to be selling very well and that's really what the phone manufacturers care about and those sales will create a possibility for a version 2.

The goal is to make it to version 2 and 3.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Curious to see if and how Motorola considers repricing these given the current value proposition vs the Z Flip. Not many ways in which one can argue you're not paying more for less right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc