Anyone notice two layers of screen protection out of the box?

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this as well. Of course the most obvious layer of screen protection is the hard clear plastic cover that comes on the phone, this has a tab on it to make it easy to identify and to pull off. But if you look closely (at least for mine), there's a second layer underneath that, most people probably wouldn't even see it. Its noticeable if you look hard because its not completely flush with the screen, its a little bit smaller than the screen all the way around. I'm not sure if I want to pull this off, any takers?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I had to take off my screen protector today because of issues with responsiveness. I just ordered a full body protector from Amazon though for 5 bucks made by Xtreme Guards. I've used them before and they work exactly like Invisishield but youre not getting ripped off...lol

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

xtravbx#CB

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes mine was HEAVILY stuck on. To the point where it felt like the manufacturer NEVER wanted that thing coming off.

I've removed invisible skins, etc and those are tough, this was way stronger.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Was it just stuck on really tightly or something? I had no problems removing mine.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
Like xtravbx, my was stuck on extremely tight, if I didn't have my extra thin guitar pick I don't know what I would have used.

Sportsinger75, are you sure you're talking about the same thing as us? That is, the second layer of screen protection underneath the one that comes off easily that comes stock?

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Lol, maybe I haven't noticed that one! Weird....ill have to take a look.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Look at it closely under a light, and you'll notice the 2nd screen cover because its a bit smaller than the glass underneath, it does not sit absolutely flush edge-to-edge.

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone over at HoFo mentioned this was a radiation shield required by the Gov't on all new phones starting this summer.

Sounds kind of odd and I could find nothing to back it up but I've heard no other explanation. Especially if it is Gorilla Glass. :confused:

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried but mine is not removable at all. All I can do it scratch the corner but I can not peel it off.
I even asked a friend to give me an extra thin guitar pick. It's 0.51mm is that thin enough?

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
By removing the 2nd screen protector, have you guys noticed a decrease in the non-responsiveness (or increase in screen response)? Maybe 5-10% of the time my screen won't register a touch. It almost seems like more of a software glitch than anything....Like my back button won't work for a second, but the home button will work

Pablo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for pointing out the factory installed protector! Incorrect keystrokes and having to press buttons multiple times was driving me nuts. Can't believe I didn't realize it had one on there. Much better with it removed.

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Got mine removed as well & I agree, it does make it alot more responsive.

Yet I do have a question, how are you guys removing the adhesive film thats left behind from the protector?

I have a screen cloth & I've rubbed that thing for a couple of minutes & its not coming off...soap & water maybe?

Nevermind, what I did is I dampened the screen cloth & wiped in a circular motion & the adhesive started to "gum" up & it is now completely gone. Screen looks better too actually & alot less smudges now.

Last edited: