Trouble installing USB driver

icelake

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the Triumph from Best Buy in Minneapolis. When I connect the phone to my W7 PC I receive the "device not installed properly installed" message.

I have uninstalled the device from System devices, downloaded and run Motorola 5.0 USB Driver with MotoHelper - still no luck. I have tried with both USB debugging on and off.

I am trying to do this so that I can root the device and use Titanium backup to reinstall my apps.

I have been successfully transferring files between my Optimus V and this W7 PC.

Any ideas? Thanks

anon175469

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get usb drivers installed right either... can't get adb to see the phone.

However, you don't need that to root. You can use Gingerbreak - just install it, enable usb debugging, then run it - works like a charm.

icelake

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get usb drivers installed right either... can't get adb to see the phone.

However, you don't need that to root. You can use Gingerbreak - just install it, enable usb debugging, then run it - works like a charm.
Thanks, installed Gingerbreak to my SD card, installed app and followed the directions. Titanium Backup is now reinstalling my favorite apps.

compulady5

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
^ ditto.

DL'd the apk to sd card, installed-->run.

then the phone reboots, you hold your breath, everything loads, you breath, and it's done. :p

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There are supposed to be drivers in a virtual CD drive when you connect the Triumph. Didn't happen for me, but if it does for somebody, wanna throw the file up on MediaFire for us less fortunate owners?

melissapugs

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone provide advice on proper usb driver install/download for someone who doesn't intend to root(for the time being)? I simply want to take screenshots.

ZzrayZ

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My Triumph would not charge with usb on a computer, but then this morning it finally activated. As soon as it was activated I plugged it in and the virtual cd was recognized and the software installed. Now it charges fine.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
try using a different USB cable

Btw, for anyone with continued trouble connecting their T to their computer, try using a different USB cable. I had one that worked fine with the Optimus V, but for some reason it wouldn't work with the T. But another micro usb cable that I had worked just fine with the T. I haven't used the USB cable bundled with the T yet, since I already have so many lying around.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Extract these two files to the same directory and open up setep.exe and install the drivers. If you have tried that already, unplug the phone, uninstall, and try again. Hope this helps :)

(I didn't have this problem until I tried connecting a different Triumph. Then I did the same thing that I described and it worked)

I
I
V
Drivers!

Reactions: brl5034 and nzahb1

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000