07-20-2011 02:17 PM
28 12
tools
    Customer Care is saying can't be activated till the 20th. I'm reading that some of you have done so already. Any help would be great!

P.S. I'm new to VM
    07-16-2011 10:19 PM
    It seems to be hit or miss. It'll either activate right away or wont activate at all. Mine is the latter
    07-16-2011 10:51 PM
    I tried the MTN and MSID provided for my old phone. Then when I tried to ESN swap it they had to escalate the ESN for verification. Sheeeeeeet. So no go here in Chicago.
    07-16-2011 11:03 PM
    I do not have the triumph but you can try this:

Taken from this thread

Anyway, I've read a lot of people are having activation issues with phone swaps (existing customers), as was I... I tried a combo of two methods and it worked.. I hope this will help some others:

Virginmobileusa site, signed in. --->swap phone--->entered in meid from box 2x. Kept getting an error, then got an email that the swap was successful. (you may have to repeat this process until that email comes)

Then I went into the phone, entered in ##847446#--->edit--> put in my phone # on first line, then the network ID # given in the email from vm on the second line.--->reboot phone.

Once phone has rebooted---> "activate" icon--> follow on screen instructions---> the programming completed, the phone rebooted and there ya go!
    07-16-2011 11:27 PM
    I tired to activate it through the phone and i got activation blockout
    07-17-2011 06:11 AM
    I do not have the triumph but you can try this:

Taken from this thread

Anyway, I've read a lot of people are having activation issues with phone swaps (existing customers), as was I... I tried a combo of two methods and it worked.. I hope this will help some others:

Virginmobileusa site, signed in. --->swap phone--->entered in meid from box 2x. Kept getting an error, then got an email that the swap was successful. (you may have to repeat this process until that email comes)

Then I went into the phone, entered in ##847446#--->edit--> put in my phone # on first line, then the network ID # given in the email from vm on the second line.--->reboot phone.

Once phone has rebooted---> "activate" icon--> follow on screen instructions---> the programming completed, the phone rebooted and there ya go!

Oh I recognize that. lol
    07-17-2011 10:58 AM
    I couldn't activate my triumph although the CS said it might have been I tried activating it multiple times today. They said I would be charged $10 to have it activated over the phone or I could try again in 24 hours and see if it reset.

I bought one Triumph and it was defective so I assume my activation got locked out during that process. It's been a headache so far.
    07-17-2011 08:05 PM
    The second time I tried the ESN swap (through the phone's activation app) it worked. My suggestion is not to give up after one try.
    07-17-2011 09:40 PM
    Tried at least 10 times on the device and 30 on the website. I have 27 e-mails from VM asking me to call them. I DID call them and they couldn't activate either.
    07-17-2011 11:12 PM
    They wont activate mine (in Delaware). But the CSR did say that he started the activation process so that when they finish it on the 20th, I will still be able to get the 25 a month plan. I dont really believe him, but I have 30 days to return the phone, so no big deal.
    07-18-2011 04:26 PM
    first time i tried to activate mine, it didnt go through. Then tried it again and it worked. Great phone.
    couldnt ask for a better phone.
    07-18-2011 04:48 PM
    first time i tried to activate mine, it didnt go through. Then tried it again and it worked. Great phone.
    couldnt ask for a better phone.
    What state are you in? ESN change or just hit the activate button?
    07-18-2011 08:10 PM
    I was able to get mine activated this morning. Looks like other on HoFo are getting it done as well.

I did a swap online and then hit the activate button on my phone about an hour later. I was supposed to get an email from VM after the online swap but that never came so I tried the activate button.

I had called and they told me that I could activate online but not to expect it to work until the 20th but I have made calls and sent texts. Seems to be fine.
    07-19-2011 11:46 AM
    Ridiculous, why sell a phone that you have to wait till the next to activate?
    07-19-2011 12:24 PM
    Actually now it appears my phone and messaging work but data has been disabled. Guess that is what he meant by "do not expect it to work until the 20th." Ah well. Cannot complain too much, I did get it several days pre-release. Lets just hope it works tomorrow.
    07-19-2011 03:33 PM
    So, has anyone new to VM had any luck in activating the Triumph and locking in the current Beyond Talk rate plan? Or is it just existing customers that have been successful and us newbies have to wait until July 20? Thanks!
    07-19-2011 03:51 PM
    So, has anyone new to VM had any luck in activating the Triumph and locking in the current Beyond Talk rate plan? Or is it just existing customers that have been successful and us newbies have to wait until July 20? Thanks!
    I have never been a VM customer and I got it activated today. Didn't work yesterday but the CSR told me that since he started the activation process for the 25 a month plan, that it would be available on the 20th for me. Well today I tried again on the website because I am impatient...and it worked!
    07-19-2011 09:07 PM
    Instead I'm stuck half way.
    I tried all day to swap my optimus v on the website and it did not work. Called CSR and said to wait tomorrow. Finally at 8pm it went through and it said you are all set, wait for the email. it's 11pm and I did not get the email yet.
    My optimus is not working and my triumph is not working. I don't even have a phone to call CSR.
    What I'm lacking is the network ID ... it should come in the email but this email is not coming...
    Anybody can help?
    07-19-2011 09:47 PM
    I purchased a Restore and Triumph saturday (new to VM). Activated the Restore with intentions of snagging 25/m. Worked. Only thing is havent been able to activate Triumph yet.
    07-20-2011 12:22 AM
    I purchased a Restore and Triumph saturday (new to VM). Activated the Restore with intentions of snagging 25/m. Worked. Only thing is havent been able to activate Triumph yet.
    I havent been able too neither I'm going to call VM in morning at 7:00am on Wednesday (EDT) - Time in Louisburg, NC
    07-20-2011 12:30 AM
    I tried all day to swap my optimus v on the website and it did not work. Called CSR and said to wait tomorrow. Finally at 8pm it went through and it said you are all set, wait for the email. it's 11pm and I did not get the email yet.
    My optimus is not working and my triumph is not working. I don't even have a phone to call CSR.
    What I'm lacking is the network ID ... it should come in the email but this email is not coming...
    Anybody can help?
    Have you tried running the activation on the Triumph? I did the swap online and never got an email either. Ran the activation on the new phone and I got my phone and messaging working but still no data. That may at lest get you up an running enough to call.

I have to call a CSR today about the data.

Good luck.
    07-20-2011 05:55 AM
    Have you tried running the activation on the Triumph? I did the swap online and never got an email either. Ran the activation on the new phone and I got my phone and messaging working but still no data. That may at lest get you up an running enough to call.

I have to call a CSR today about the data.

Good luck.
    Reactivate your use the activate app that is what i did on my optimus v when the data would stop working. Did they tell you to wait like 4 hours or something like that?
    07-20-2011 06:40 AM
    Do anybody still have the activate notification icon but your phone is active. I can't get it to go away my phone is on data and everything working the notification wont go away i restarted 3 times already. Maybe if i back up the app then uninstall it ill go away. YUP UNINSTALLING IT MADE IT GO AWAY
    07-20-2011 09:31 AM
    Anybody can help?
    Go to your triumph and click Activate. It should go ahead and set itself up and then tell you its gonna restart. Dont freak out if at first data doesnt work, it takes a couple minutes
    07-20-2011 10:29 AM
    Reactivate your use the activate app that is what i did on my optimus v when the data would stop working. Did they tell you to wait like 4 hours or something like that?
    CSR got me up and running.

Had me dial ##847446# which brought up an activation menu.
    Then changed my MDN to 0000001234 and my MSID to 0000005678 and then rebooted.
    Ran the activation again and it worked.

I did run the activation twice because after another reboot it was still giving me the getting started message and prompting me to activate.

As of now it is working.
    07-20-2011 10:49 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD