Activation Help

tonymontana2367

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Customer Care is saying can't be activated till the 20th. I'm reading that some of you have done so already. Any help would be great!

P.S. I'm new to VM

tonymontana2367

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried the MTN and MSID provided for my old phone. Then when I tried to ESN swap it they had to escalate the ESN for verification. Sheeeeeeet. So no go here in Chicago.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I do not have the triumph but you can try this:

Taken from this thread

Anyway, I've read a lot of people are having activation issues with phone swaps (existing customers), as was I... I tried a combo of two methods and it worked.. I hope this will help some others:

Virginmobileusa site, signed in. --->swap phone--->entered in meid from box 2x. Kept getting an error, then got an email that the swap was successful. (you may have to repeat this process until that email comes)

Then I went into the phone, entered in ##847446#--->edit--> put in my phone # on first line, then the network ID # given in the email from vm on the second line.--->reboot phone.

Once phone has rebooted---> "activate" icon--> follow on screen instructions---> the programming completed, the phone rebooted and there ya go!

compulady5

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I do not have the triumph but you can try this:

Taken from this thread

Anyway, I've read a lot of people are having activation issues with phone swaps (existing customers), as was I... I tried a combo of two methods and it worked.. I hope this will help some others:

Virginmobileusa site, signed in. --->swap phone--->entered in meid from box 2x. Kept getting an error, then got an email that the swap was successful. (you may have to repeat this process until that email comes)

Then I went into the phone, entered in ##847446#--->edit--> put in my phone # on first line, then the network ID # given in the email from vm on the second line.--->reboot phone.

Once phone has rebooted---> "activate" icon--> follow on screen instructions---> the programming completed, the phone rebooted and there ya go!

Oh I recognize that. lol

bludd

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't activate my triumph although the CS said it might have been I tried activating it multiple times today. They said I would be charged $10 to have it activated over the phone or I could try again in 24 hours and see if it reset.

I bought one Triumph and it was defective so I assume my activation got locked out during that process. It's been a headache so far.

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The second time I tried the ESN swap (through the phone's activation app) it worked. My suggestion is not to give up after one try.

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Tried at least 10 times on the device and 30 on the website. I have 27 e-mails from VM asking me to call them. I DID call them and they couldn't activate either.

illadelphatic

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
They wont activate mine (in Delaware). But the CSR did say that he started the activation process so that when they finish it on the 20th, I will still be able to get the 25 a month plan. I dont really believe him, but I have 30 days to return the phone, so no big deal.

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
first time i tried to activate mine, it didnt go through. Then tried it again and it worked. Great phone.
couldnt ask for a better phone.

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get mine activated this morning. Looks like other on HoFo are getting it done as well.

I did a swap online and then hit the activate button on my phone about an hour later. I was supposed to get an email from VM after the online swap but that never came so I tried the activate button.

I had called and they told me that I could activate online but not to expect it to work until the 20th but I have made calls and sent texts. Seems to be fine.

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually now it appears my phone and messaging work but data has been disabled. Guess that is what he meant by "do not expect it to work until the 20th." Ah well. Cannot complain too much, I did get it several days pre-release. Lets just hope it works tomorrow. :-\

ckane66

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone new to VM had any luck in activating the Triumph and locking in the current Beyond Talk rate plan? Or is it just existing customers that have been successful and us newbies have to wait until July 20? Thanks!

illadelphatic

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone new to VM had any luck in activating the Triumph and locking in the current Beyond Talk rate plan? Or is it just existing customers that have been successful and us newbies have to wait until July 20? Thanks!

I have never been a VM customer and I got it activated today. Didn't work yesterday but the CSR told me that since he started the activation process for the 25 a month plan, that it would be available on the 20th for me. Well today I tried again on the website because I am impatient...and it worked!

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Instead I'm stuck half way.
I tried all day to swap my optimus v on the website and it did not work. Called CSR and said to wait tomorrow. Finally at 8pm it went through and it said you are all set, wait for the email. it's 11pm and I did not get the email yet.
My optimus is not working and my triumph is not working. I don't even have a phone to call CSR.
What I'm lacking is the network ID ... it should come in the email but this email is not coming...
Anybody can help?

tonymontana2367

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a Restore and Triumph saturday (new to VM). Activated the Restore with intentions of snagging 25/m. Worked. Only thing is havent been able to activate Triumph yet.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Restore and Triumph saturday (new to VM). Activated the Restore with intentions of snagging 25/m. Worked. Only thing is havent been able to activate Triumph yet.

I havent been able too neither I'm going to call VM in morning at 7:00am on Wednesday (EDT) - Time in Louisburg, NC