Has anyone had issues with things like the auto complete not working?
    Also when you hit the space bar it should put in the current highlighted word.....
    and the auto capitalization isn't working.
    I have gone through the settings many times and can't figure it out, and what is the
    touchpal settings for when it has no effect on the android keyboard?

Very confused......am I crazy or am I missing something......Thanks in advance.
    07-17-2011 06:07 PM
    Anyone else have this issue?.......just me?
    07-18-2011 06:20 PM
    I always use Swype, so can't really comment... haven't had any issues with Swype.
    07-18-2011 06:37 PM
    I wasn't aware the Triumph had Swype.
    07-18-2011 06:49 PM
    I played around with it some more, and basically, the entire android keyboard dictionary is missing.
    When you use the long press option and switch it over to the Touchpal keyboard, then it works using
    that keyboard method since the dictionary is present in touchpal. I have a feeling someone at touchpal
    knows someone at Virgin or Motorola and gave some kickbacks to force using the touchpal
    keyboard. So, oh well.....I guess I will for now......and actually it is a pretty decent keyboard.

Is anyone else annoyed by this though, ... or does every other phone have the dictionary?
    07-18-2011 07:48 PM
    I've had the issue with the stock keyboard too. In fact, the keyboards themselves seem to have an issue with multitouch as I can't type very quickly without making mistakes. It's quite annoying.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 07:52 PM
    I was having the same issues today. Seems that the no language for the android keyboard was selected in the settings.

Settings>Keyboards>Android>Input Languages>English

Also, I can't figure out how to get the keyboard selection changed. I thought you did it in the Keyboard section of the setting, but it doesn't seem to be there. Just a "Select Language" option. Anyone?
    07-18-2011 09:06 PM
    Same issue. No auto correct working.
    07-18-2011 10:01 PM
    I was having the same issues today. Seems that the no language for the android keyboard was selected in the settings.

Settings>Keyboards>Android>Input Languages>English

Also, I can't figure out how to get the keyboard selection changed. I thought you did it in the Keyboard section of the setting, but it doesn't seem to be there. Just a "Select Language" option. Anyone?
    If you want to change the keyboard your ussing. Go into any open text field and long press and hit input method and chose your keyboard

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    jhune6 and treelover3 like this.
    07-18-2011 10:04 PM
    Same issue. No auto correct working.
    You might want to try a 3rd party keyboard from the market. There are tons to chose from

07-18-2011 10:05 PM
    True, but many of the keyboards in the market suffer from the same multi touch issues as the stock keyboard as I mentioned before. I've downloaded swype and it works like a charm.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 11:12 PM
    Definitely type in Gingerbread Keyboard in the Android Market 500,000+ Downloads you won't regret it. Read the instructions its simple to install just read the directions though and save a little headache
    xtravbx#CB likes this.
    07-19-2011 12:30 AM
    Definitely type in Gingerbread Keyboard in the Android Market 500,000+ Downloads you won't regret it. Read the instructions its simple to install just read the directions though and save a little headache
    Thanks for the info. This is much better than the stock keyboard
    07-19-2011 03:05 AM
    Thanks - I'll try that when I get home.

My wife got the Triumph, I'm still on the Optimus.

She complained when I took away her EVO to go with Virgin Mobile (saves a ton of money a month..) !!
    07-19-2011 08:28 AM
    Your welcome I'm currently using it on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 so I figured others could appreciate it as well
    07-19-2011 04:51 PM
    Love gingerbread KB on my OV but liking SwiftKey X better on my MT. Kinda surprised the MT comes with so many keyboads, all junk.
    07-19-2011 06:02 PM
    Yeah they look to be junk in all the videos I've seen of the device. Hopefully Gingerbread officially comes quick for you guys
    07-19-2011 06:24 PM
    If you want to change the keyboard your ussing. Go into any open text field and long press and hit input method and chose your keyboard

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It was driving me crazy not being able to get rid of the d^mn Android keyboard! If I had not found your post, I would have returned the Triumph and gone back to my Opt. V.

I love Smart Keyboard Pro. It can be customized in so many ways and it has a dictionary you can download from the market and also add words that are not included in the stock dictionary (I text with friends about plants all the time and Latin plant names are not standard fare in any dictionary)!
    Thanks again!
    tl3
    09-11-2011 07:09 PM
    I had an Optimus V for five days as my first Android-based phone, so I had an idea of what the default keyboard behavior was like. I didn't particularly care for that phone, so I returned it yesterday and got the Triumph. I thought I was losing my mind with the keyboard behavior difference, so thank you to the OP for this thread for preventing my self-infliction of a fatal gunshot wound. And thank you to those who suggested that Gingerbread keyboard.

I cannot even begin to imagine how this "glitch" could have possibly made it past QA at Motorola or wherever. It's really unbelievable.
    09-29-2011 07:44 AM

I love Smart Keyboard Pro. It can be customized in so many ways and it has a dictionary you can download from the market and also add words that are not included in the stock dictionary (I text with friends about plants all the time and Latin plant names are not standard fare in any dictionary)!
    Thanks again!
    tl3
    I've been using SwiftKey_X but I'll have to look into Smart Keyboard Pro.

Someone should create a downloadable dictionary of botanical names. I suspect there are enough of us in this field using Android to make it at worthwhile task.
    09-29-2011 08:21 PM
    You can download swype from their website.
    10-09-2011 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD