When phone flips to side when Messaging the Send becomes "Done"

Centauri0

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok none my other android phones I've had does this and I can't figure out if there is a way to change it or if this a Motorola thing but is VERY annoying.

Why when messaging and the phone is up it shows the Send button, but when you flip it over to the side which I prefer to type with it turns into the Done button???? its so annoying to have to hit done then send again. No other android phone I have had has done this?? Any idea's ???

And yes it doesn't matter what keyboard I use, or even if I download a different keyboard its still there.

Thanks for your help

teknik

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: When phone flips to side when Messaging the Send becomes "Don

I noticed too......yes....annoying.....we need roms, or updates soon. There are a few bugs and issues.

belfast_tmy

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I believe it's because of vanilla Google. My Fascinate running the ComROM with vanilla Google does that as well. All I can say is that you get used to it.

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I believe it's because of vanilla Google. My Fascinate running the ComROM with vanilla Google does that as well. All I can say is that you get used to it.
I've noticed that as well. Kind of annoying but I've gotten used to it. Hopefully a future update will fix it. Odd that it could be a vanilla Android bug. Would have thought something like that would have been fixed by now. Seems pretty simple, but what do I know.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com

I use GO SMS Pro and it does not do this, send is there no matter what the orientation

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I use GO SMS Pro and it does not do this, send is there no matter what the orientation
I've also noticed something similar on login screens.

If you rotate the screen while on a username and password screen, the "next" and "done" buttons seem to stop working.

Centauri0

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

GO SMS Pro works great thanks everybody :)

now to get the wifi hotspot to work....