? About Bootloader/Recovery on this phone

ItsMeScott

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: ? About Bootloader on this phone

Ok so if i was to follow this [GUIDE] Boot into fastboot - find out if bootloader is locked - xda-developers to see if our bootloader is locked could i brick my phone?
Donno if you can brick your phone but I would def do a recovery backup before messing with it.

Looks like the bootloader is unlocked for the discussion at HoFo HERE

I am not brave enough to start messing with boot loaders until there is a proven method. As much development that the V had, I would hope this would get a good bit of developer support. Maybe even MIUI or CM7.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Donno if you can brick your phone but I would def do a recovery backup before messing with it.

Looks like the bootloader is unlocked for the discussion at HoFo HERE

I am not brave enough to start messing with boot loaders until there is a proven method. As much development that the V had, I would hope this would get a good bit of developer support. Maybe even MIUI or CM7.

Do you think it could brick my if i try and mess up?

Last edited:

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Your best bet is to wait and let the developers get a hold of this and make some good roms to address some of the issues this phone currently has.

Okay im just ready to see how the roms would be like.

Last edited:

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: ? About Bootloader/Recvery on this phone

I would like to become a developer for this phone and make rom how would i do this?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see you do this, but unfortunately I have no idea how to create a custom rom, much less see if the bootloader is locked or not..

Sent from my Moto Triumph

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

chilito10k

May 26, 2011
Visit site

chilito10k

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that Coderah the Author of the tutorial on how to install the recovery in Step 2 he says to save the recovery img. file on your computer but first you need to unzip the file then you can proceed with the rest of the steps.

What I did once I had the bootloader (Download mode) opened and I was able to see what was in the partition I copied the whole folder into my computer because this contains the stock VM recovery in case you need to return the phone for any reason you can restore the phone to factory settings and then load the stock VM recovery back to it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae