how do you like your Triumph?

wilhannes

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess all things are relative. A lot of people are complaining about Triumph. Maybe they were using some high end phone before. I had a Samsung intercept on virgin. This triumph makes that phone seem like a model T ford. I can't find anything not to like about this phone. Everything works great and I love it.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess all things are relative. A lot of people are complaining about Triumph. Maybe they were using some high end phone before. I had a Samsung intercept on virgin. This triumph makes that phone seem like a model T ford. I can't find anything not to like about this phone. Everything works great and I love it.

Except for hotspot one of the main things we use.

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Except for hotspot one of the main things we use.

I'm thinking once the triumph gets a custom kernel, it will be able to wifi tether. The intercept couldnt until it had a kernel that supported it. Rooting alone doesn't mean you can use apps like barnacle. I know waiting sucks, but i have a feeling before too long somebody will get a kernel out that can make it happen.

JollyRoger87

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I mite be getting the Triumph tomorrow after work, just wondering how do you all like it ant bad things abt it?
I like mine but I'm now on my third one lol.... Accidentally Killed the first one, the second one randomly died after one hour and would not reboot or charge and now I have about 25 days to kill this one before warranty goes bye bye lol

fossil54

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought an MT for my husband after he went through three Captivates in 10 months with AT&T. The last replacement had the infamous "shutdown syndrome " so badly it wouldn't stay on more than 10 minutes! I ordered the MT early from Bestbuy, only to see it was backordered, the Rep had "no idea " when it would come in. So canceled that, Radio Shack had it to us in 2 days.
I'm VERY impressed with this phone, somehow got in on the $25 plan. That's just the data for a smartphone on AT&T! The speed is fast, hardly any bloatware, great screen.
And if you're looking for accessories, my old Motorola Razr stuff works fine on the Triumph. Highly recommend!

HamDog

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. Even made a YouTube video of how much I like it:

My YouTube Video

Not sure if I love the phone or just love the Virgin Mobile's pricing! They both Rock! I'm coming over from Verizon and the original Droid.

knightshade

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I love the phone or just love the Virgin Mobile's pricing! They both Rock! I'm coming over from Verizon and the original Droid.

I like the phone and Virgin Mobile's pricing....

Still testing network coverage and comparing it to Verizon.
Not sure which I'll settle on long term.

Javeline4

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I mite be getting the Triumph tomorrow after work, just wondering how do you all like it ant bad things abt it?
I like it so far, rooted it with Gingerbreak, much much better than Froyo :D
Only thing I kinda don't like is since I bought the soft gel cover, the volume keys and power key seem a little difficult to operate.

I guess I could return the cover, but I like a little added protection. Hopefully some better accessories come out soon.
Also noticed the USB cable connection is super sensitive, will instantly disconnect from phone (not fall out, but won't charge) if I slightly move the phone.

I might return it, but the phone has zero issues other than this so I'm a little hestitant to return it and end up risking an even worse MT. :D

Can't wait for some custom kernels :-$

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I like it so far, rooted it with Gingerbreak, much much better than Froyo :D
Only thing I kinda don't like is since I bought the soft gel cover, the volume keys and power key seem a little difficult to operate.

I guess I could return the cover, but I like a little added protection. Hopefully some better accessories come out soon.
Also noticed the USB cable connection is super sensitive, will instantly disconnect from phone (not fall out, but won't charge) if I slightly move the phone.

I might return it, but the phone has zero issues other than this so I'm a little hestitant to return it and end up risking an even worse MT. :D

Can't wait for some custom kernels :-$

Just using gingerbreak does not change the ROM,you are still using Froyo.