Changing carrier name?

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a known way to change the carrier name on the start screen and notification bar from "virgin mobile" to whatever i would like to change it to. I have tried these methods thus far with no success:
*Editing the build.prop file
*The app "Carrier Name"
*Going in to the eri.xml file and searching for "virgin mobile" but it's not there
*A brief period in cdma workshop (Didn't try much)
Note:In cdma workshop under "banner" it shows random numbers and letters when it should say "virgin mobile".

Thanks to all of y'all in advance!

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe with Root Explorer you can goto the boot directory and find the on from VM and delete

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe with Root Explorer you can goto the boot directory and find the on from VM and delete

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

It sounds like your talking about the startup animation/sound. I am talking about changing the carrier name to whatever i want. But if i am mistaken, please let me know.

srmuc69

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a known way to change the carrier name on the start screen and notification bar from "virgin mobile" to whatever i would like to change it to. I have tried these methods thus far with no success:
*Editing the build.prop file
*The app "Carrier Name"
*Going in to the eri.xml file and searching for "virgin mobile" but it's not there
*A brief period in cdma workshop (Didn't try much)
Note:In cdma workshop under "banner" it shows random numbers and letters when it should say "virgin mobile".

Thanks to all of y'all in advance!
Did your MT show up and CDMA Workshop and you where able to read from it? I was able to connect on the COM Port but any read was not successful. Which version from CDMA Workshop do you have and what options did you set?

Last edited:
May 9, 2011
Visit site
Did your MT show up and CDMA Workshop and you where able to read from it? I was able to connect on the COM Port but any read was not successful. Which version from CDMA Workshop do you have and what options did you set?

Yes everything was able to show up correctly and I am running cdma workshop 3.4.1. Besides "banner" there is "ZRF6500" and if I change it and reboot "virgin mobile" always still shows up. I left all the options alone.

srmuc69

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes everything was able to show up correctly and I am running cdma workshop 3.4.1. Besides "banner" there is "ZRF6500" and if I change it and reboot "virgin mobile" always still shows up. I left all the options alone.

I have no luck with CDMA Workshop in Version 3.7.0 the latest. Go figure you would think it supports the latest Qualcom modems. QPST shows the modem a SURF MSM7630.

Did you do anything special on CDMA Workshop so that it can be read, e.g. set any options or so? I'm tyring to connect it to CDMA Workshop, may have to find the old version.

May be that is a reason why the CDMA saving does not work. When I try to open my QPST file, e.g. I saved what I read from the phone as a file with the ZRF6500 it says it does not fit. So now I wonder if QPST or CDMA is right about the modem version.

Last edited:
May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no luck with CDMA Workshop in Version 3.7.0 the latest. Go figure you would think it supports the latest Qualcom modems. QPST shows the modem a SURF MSM7630.

Did you do anything special on CDMA Workshop so that it can be read, e.g. set any options or so? I'm tyring to connect it to CDMA Workshop, may have to find the old version.

May be that is a reason why the CDMA saving does not work. When I try to open my QPST file, e.g. I saved what I read from the phone as a file with the ZRF6500 it says it does not fit. So now I wonder if QPST or CDMA is right about the modem version.

I didn't change any settings. Keep me posted of your progress.

srmuc69

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't change any settings. Keep me posted of your progress.
I will, as I bought the CDMA Workshop I have written to their support team. QXDM is also funny with the MT so only QPST seems to work at the moment. At least that was good enough to update the PRL List. The Optimus V from VM was already more locked down but this one seems even more or it is used to young on the market that more interals have leaked so far.

srmuc69

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I will, as I bought the CDMA Workshop I have written to their support team. QXDM is also funny with the MT so only QPST seems to work at the moment. At least that was good enough to update the PRL List. The Optimus V from VM was already more locked down but this one seems even more or it is used to young on the market that more interals have leaked so far.
Ok, I got a response from the maker of the CDMA Workshop. I can use the program but NOT THE READ button on top, this will be fixed. This is what I did and not using any of the reads in the security section etc. They work. Normally I use CONNECT and then the READ button next to it to get the first screen filled. As this did not work I assumed the whole program did not work. Go Figure...

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got a response from the maker of the CDMA Workshop. I can use the program but NOT THE READ button on top, this will be fixed. This is what I did and not using any of the reads in the security section etc. They work. Normally I use CONNECT and then the READ button next to it to get the first screen filled. As this did not work I assumed the whole program did not work. Go Figure...

So did you successfully change the banner? If so, how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech