Time Without Signal

marka4jr

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have been dealing with unusually high time without signal and 3g data drops even when it shows 3g is connected with good signal. I did a manual PRL update which helped a lot but did not resolve the problem. I called VM today and they had to transfer me to a pro tech since its their new phone and yadayadayaaaa eventually he told me this was a common issue that he can resolve.

Basically he said that your gmail email account needs to be synced at all times for the internet to work and if your gmail account gets out of sync it causes these issues. He said my gmail email was never synced properly and that he would correct it for me. Since he waved his magic wand earlier today my time without signal has been at 0%.

I hope this is a permanent fix, ill update in a few days to let you know if its still at 0%

marka4jr

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So I have been dealing with unusually high time without signal and 3g data drops even when it shows 3g is connected with good signal. I did a manual PRL update which helped a lot but did not resolve the problem. I called VM today and they had to transfer me to a pro tech since its their new phone and yadayadayaaaa eventually he told me this was a common issue that he can resolve.

Basically he said that your gmail email account needs to be synced at all times for the internet to work and if your gmail account gets out of sync it causes these issues. He said my gmail email was never synced properly and that he would correct it for me. Since he waved his magic wand earlier today my time without signal has been at 0%.

I hope this is a permanent fix, ill update in a few days to let you know if its still at 0%
So far its been holding steady at no signal loss when i have signal and it still shows some time without signal when im in a basement or something.. Airplane mode doesnt fix this issue for me with the triumph, it did temporarily with the optimus V.

When I had the optimus I had this same issue and it took about 12 phone calls and 4 months for VM to fix it but eventually they did and it worked perfect so im kind of skeptical that they are going to get it on the first try this time but so far so good.

Also the tech I was speaking with said that the gmail sync thing is an error that happens during the phones activation or some BS like that I dunno if there is any weight to that or not but I can tell you guys that before they "fixed" it this time the only thing I could do to get my data going again when it timed out was run the activation app and let the phone restart.

airplane mode, toggling 3g off and on, or restarting the phone did not work. only the activation app..

so far though this is the only problem I have had with my triumph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech