Anybody try psx4droid on your moto t yet?

Startits

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering switching from my optimus but don't want to if psx4droid doesn't run well on it. Just going by stats it should run well but I'd rather find out before I drop the money on one.

rubejb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering switching from my optimus but don't want to if psx4droid doesn't run well on it. Just going by stats it should run well but I'd rather find out before I drop the money on one.
I honestly haven't tried PSx4droid on it, but FPse (the other PSX emu) works fairly well. Much better than my Optimus V did.

The Optimus was choppy and chugged along, where the Triumph is quite smooth. So far all I've really tested is Final Fantasy Tactics and 7.

edit:

Just noticed I had (I think) the latest psx4droid apk on my sd card. I installed it on my Triumph, set it up and tried to run a FF7. It didn't seem to work for me. In general I haven't had much luck with psx4droid on my phones.

FPse however seems to work quite well.

edit2:

After looking through the comments on the psx4droid download page, it looks like a lot of people are having the same issue as me with various devices.

Last edited:

rubejb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Tired of editing my posts so I'll just add another one...

I'm extremely happy that I upgraded from the Optimus to the Triumph. The bigger screen is reason enough, but the fact that I can play more games makes the phone even better imo.

As I've already stated, FPse runs much better. It was between unplayable to barely playable on the Optimus, but runs great on the Triumph.

N64oid wouldn't even run on the Optimus but also runs great on the Triumph. Although currently there aren't very many games that run smoothly on it. Mario 64 will keep me busy for a while, but I hope they update it soon.

And while the Optimus ran most of the other emulators very well, like NESoid, SNESoid, etc, they run perfectly on the Triumph.

It may be obvious that mostly what I play is emulators (damn nostalgia!) but I also like the fact that I can now play Android games that require an ARMv7 graphics processor. For example: Battleheart has been a ton of fun so far.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
actually it runs just fine on my OV, barely any lag. cm7 with a bunch of tweaks and overclocked to 806.

i cant wait to play Modern Combat 2 on the MT. i miss playing it on my Galaxy S. got pretty good at the multiplayer. was a really fun game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance