im not yet a user but...

kalena

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i heard that the triumph has HDMI out put. then heard its only for your video camera dose any one know with the new roms can you stream movies then watch them on your tv or even download them to phone then use HDMI to watch on your tv???? any help plz and thanks

Last edited:

Etegral

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i heard that the triumph has HDMI out put. then heard its only for your video camera dose any one know with the new roms can you stream movies then watch them on your tv or even download them to phone then use HDMI to watch on your tv???? any help plz and thanks
I believe that even stock, out of the box, you can use the HDMI out to watch any video on the device. It's even supposed to be a complete mirror of what you see on the screen, but from what I've read, it only activates when you are playing a video. It is definitely not only for the video camera on the device.

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have it and it mirrors the entire launcher. The issue I have with it is that it does not always fill the screen. I tested it on a 42 Panasonic Plasma and even when I rotate the launcher it does not flip and fill the screen. So far, mostly only movies and games go fullscreen with the phone horizontal. Like, for instance I have yet to get Boat Browser to go fullscreen horizontal. Perhaps, I will try some other browsers like Dolphin HD. But, overall I have been impressed. The color quality is very good. Definition is a little less than perfect ( I think that has more to do with the streaming video than anything) says 720p on the TV anyway.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have it and it mirrors the entire launcher. The issue I have with it is that it does not always fill the screen. I tested it on a 42 Panasonic Plasma and even when I rotate the launcher it does not flip and fill the screen. So far, mostly only movies and games go fullscreen with the phone horizontal. Like, for instance I have yet to get Boat Browser to go fullscreen horizontal. Perhaps, I will try some other browsers like Dolphin HD. But, overall I have been impressed. The color quality is very good. Definition is a little less than perfect ( I think that has more to do with the streaming video than anything) says 720p on the TV anyway.

good to know. the HDMI out is one of my top 3 reasons for getting the Triumph. its a feature i will be using way too often.

im sure the rotate settings will be worked out in one of the gingerbread roms thats being developed right now

JollyRoger87

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

After you hooked up the cable did you pull down the notification bar and click the HDMI settings to adjust the screen fill? When I first plugged mine in it was way too big and I had to size it down to get it to fit everything on the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781