Rooting Motorola Triumph ?

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a virgin mobile triumph. Ive been reading alot about rooting and flashing roms. I am totally ignorant when it comes to the technical stuff. I would like to root my phone, so I can make my phone a wireless hot spot and hopefully help with 3G speed and signal strength. Have you heard of anyone bricking their phone by doing this? I am debating on whether I should do this or not. I do have a replacement plan by Best Buy and I was told if I do this, I void the warrenty and I would be otta luck if something goes wrong with the phone. Also, if I do decide to do this per your instructions above, if I mess up on any part of your instructions, can I reset it to factory reset, or undo what Ive done, or am I out of luck? I would appreciate your feedback and any suggestions you may have. Thank you for your time in this matter.

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Its really not that hard but people do mess up sometimes. Rooting should be easy. I rooted mine with gingerbreak. Just follow instructions how they go and u should be fine.

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Do you know who has the easiest instructions on rooting the Motorola Triumph. I take it that would be with Gingerbreak, right? And also, if for some reason I have to claim my warranty, is there a way to unroot it. Now, in order to turn my triumph into a wifi hot spot, how would I do that? Thanks again.

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah u can unroot. WiFi, u have to flash a rom u should try the rom here, called Cm7 by Tickerguy updated by whyzor.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
the BEST thing to do is boot into download mode, connect to your PC, swap the stock recovery with the CWM recovery, then reboot the phone into the recovery and that recovery will allow you to make a full entire backup of the stock rom as it is on the phone already.

that way, WHATEVER HAPPENS, you always have a complete, non rooted, perfect, pure backup of the stock rom. you can also boot back into download mode and replace the CWM recovery with the stock one again and no one will ever be able to tell you ever did anything to the phone.

now, once you have that CWM recovery, you can flash CM7 or MIUI rom, which are pre rooted, you never have to mess with ADB commands or that junk.

the triumph is the EASIEST phone to hack and install custom roms.

the problem is, all the good custom roms are over at AndroidForums triumph section. NOT here. so go there for more info.

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your replys. I sucessfully rooted my Triumph phone and installed Barnacle WIFI to try to have a wifi hotspot. When I start Barnacle, this is what happens.
Starting
Data Network is Ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: driver loaded
NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet0
Invalid arguement
WIFI: Failed to start supplicant: Invalid arguement
NAT: restart: Network is down
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly
---------------------------
A window comes up saying
Supplicant not available
Barnacle had trouble starting wpa_supplicant. Try again but set "Skip wpa_supplicant in settings.
It gives the options Do it now, More info, and close.
I click on do it now, it says settings updated.
I restart barnacle,now it says:
Starting
Data network is ready
.ini file repared
NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet0: Invalid Arguement
Connected to NAT
Running
When I open web pages on IE, it is slower than a turtle. I can also connect through pda net on my phone and right now, pdanet is like 3 times faster than this wifi. I always thought wifi would be faster.

Also, when I connect with wifi on my pc, it says other people may look at what Im doing, is there a way to use wifi securely?
Thanks for your help.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your replys. I sucessfully rooted my Triumph phone and installed Barnacle WIFI to try to have a wifi hotspot. When I start Barnacle, this is what happens.
Starting
Data Network is Ready
.ini file prepared
NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet0
Invalid arguement
WIFI: Failed to start supplicant: Invalid arguement
NAT: restart: Network is down
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly
---------------------------
A window comes up saying
Supplicant not available
Barnacle had trouble starting wpa_supplicant. Try again but set "Skip wpa_supplicant in settings.
It gives the options Do it now, More info, and close.
I click on do it now, it says settings updated.
I restart barnacle,now it says:
Starting
Data network is ready
.ini file repared
NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet0: Invalid Arguement
Connected to NAT
Running
When I open web pages on IE, it is slower than a turtle. I can also connect through pda net on my phone and right now, pdanet is like 3 times faster than this wifi. I always thought wifi would be faster.

Also, when I connect with wifi on my pc, it says other people may look at what Im doing, is there a way to use wifi securely?
Thanks for your help.

all tether does is broadcast your 3G data connection AS a wifi signal that the PC can see and connect to.

it doesnt make internet faster. its only as fast as your 3G speed wherever the phone is at that time.

also, both MIUI and CM7 roms has wifi tether native, no apps needed, its in the menus. and now its harder to back up the stock rom in a totally unrooted state. easier if you just backed it up and moved to a REAL rom instead of sticking to the stock rom.

theres even other froyo roms if your afraid of upgrading to gingerbread.

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I would like to flash to CM7 but read somewhere about a file I need for Android market but cannot find it now. Does anyone know what file I need and where I can get it. Also, at what point do I install it, before flashing CM7??

jreink01

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Also have one more question. When I downloaded gingerbreak from, I believe, tinker guys forum (version 1.2). I transferred it to my phones SD card, when I tried to install it on the phone a warning window came up from my avg virus program that said file was infected. Is this just a normal warning stopping us from doing the root process or a real infected file. If its infected, does anyone know where I can get a clean copy of gingerbreak 1.2. Tinker guys forum is the only place where I found this file. Thanks.

winkydaatomizer

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No one really gets into proper unrooting. I messed up with my Optimus V so I'd like to know the proper way to unroot a Triumph and factory reset.

I used Gingerbreak but noting beyond that. I never flashed a rom or even ClockworkModRecovery.

Thiis means that the factory recovery image is intact, right? So if I unroot phone and select 'Factory Data Reset' from the 'Privacy' menu, everything should run smoothly, right?

Anyone know easy way to remove SuperUser?

420kid

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Stop gingerbreak and other ways now!!!!! bandon14 figured out mt comes 1/2 rooted 'stock' out o box ppl!!!! Gingerbreak can put a line/ glitch thru ur screen!! Idk why:/ install android emulator run a simple 2 line command.banmm! Rooted!!! No breach of useage there...;) xsadecelopers give step by step info.ez city.i am noob.rooted n under 5 minutes!!!!bandon14 is the maaaaan!!!gropot420@gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci