[ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.10.3 (Released)

wives1989

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
[ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.10.3 (Released) - Android Forums

I take absolutely no credit for this ROM, I simply would like to make any Triumph user aware of what great developments are ahead. With that said, Check it out! Donate.

Credits goes to the following:

Isaacj87

Tickerguy

mantera to mantera

yumbrad (ril, wifi) to yumbrad

whyzor (touchscreen driver improvements) to Whyzor

PerkinsII (wired headset)

progmanos (Home key -recent apps, mms) to progmanos

edowar (for his sources)

Donate links will be added if any developer listed wishes to provide them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------*ChangeLog*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha 0.6.9.10.3
-disabled btwlancoex again so that we can compare with 0.6.9.10.2
-also set Interactive as the default governor but that should have no bearing in the the comparison.

Alpha 0.6.9.10.2
Another very minor update
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.16 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-re-enabled bt quick switch
-re-enabled btwlancoex
-added signature support in MMS. I recommend using the "Append on Send" option for best results if you want to enable the auto append.
-Added 2-way calling patch-thanks to avs333 and skvalex--noted in this thread:

[DEV] Two-way call recording on Desire [ALMOST SOLVED][Sept. 7 update] - xda-developers

Need to use CallRecorder app from skvalex; I tested it and it worked great on cm9. More info and a trial version download can be found on this thread on xda or purchase it from the Market:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

Alpha 0.6.9.4
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.13 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-kernel uses Whyzor's latest touchscreen driver-no longer reports x,y on finger removal, among other tweaks
-disabled bt quick switch so MT will deep sleep even if bt is enabled
-added user configurable setting to enable/disable navigation bar: System Settings --> Display --> Enable/Disable Navigation (requires reboot).
-wifi tweaks - should autoconnect better now, disconnects faster when screen is off (if the wifi policy is set to turn off when screen is off)
-changed the mic fix so we don't remove the fm stuff for phones that do have fm (you'll probably not notice a difference but noting it here in case an issue comes up)

Alpha 0.6.8.9
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.11 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-Added net data usage limit (thanks to NakeMcKn for reminding me to do that)
-Updated build.prop to ICS ID so Chrome works now
-Removed OpenWnn IME since nobody uses the Japanese IME

Alpha 0.6.7
-fixed not entering Deep Sleep state when it should.
-updated kernel version to 2.6.32.10 (note: I had to leave the kernel version showing as 2.6.32.9 because changing the version number broke wifi)
-added musicFX.apk - this adds an equalizer into the Music app I think.
-Note that the CM stats was added upstream in this build so a notification icon will show in the status bar prompting if you want to enable it.

Known issue: after flashing, you need to manually connect your wifi the first time. After that, wifi will only autoconnect every other time that you toggle wifi on and off. You can manually reconnect at any time though. Needs to be looked into further.

Alpha 0.6.6
Very minor update
-OC/UV works/works better now
-Enabled OpenGL rendering
-I think flash and other media related things may work ok now.

Alpha 0.6.5
-wifi hotspot tethering (REALLY this time) - note: need to reboot the phone after a few times of enabling/disabling the WIFI hotspot otherwise clients can't access the internet after connecting to the MT. Reboot fixes that.
-also updated some settings for wifi so wifi connections "may" connect faster/be more consistent
-Audio mic input in apps
-enabled battery % in notification bar in the Settings.
-Also enabled joystick/xbox360 controller support in the kernel - may be helpful for OnLive Controller

Alpha 0.6.4
attempted 3g data dropping issues fixed (should be same as in cm7 now)

Alpha 0.6.3
enabled data usage accounting
removed btwcoexlanc file startup so wifi usage will not cause cpu to run at max
fixed haptic keys
enabled hdpi icons
Added facebook contact support

Alpha 0.6.0
gps

Alpha 0.5.2
mms works
updated OnLive Controller driver

Alpha 0.5.1:
Whyzor's rewritten touchscreen driver
OnLive Controller support added

Alpha 0.5:
Initial release

Last edited:

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.3 (Released)

Good Port. Alpha stage pretty stable. Thankz. And keep it going guys

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I think they should wait and not take out an update after an update and wait till they have more features or a full working rom but thanks for the link.

wives1989

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I think the reason for releasing the alpha was because people were getting to be extremely impatient.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

I agree, the wait was becoming somewhat too much to handle for many so the Alpha stage was to give the said group of Triumph owners a taste of ICS. Just a heads up, when they say Alpha the Dev's mean Alpha, you will make many compromises if you intend to make this your daily ROM(I have chosen to do so and have yet to regret my decision).

docdroid

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.7

I agree...these alpha releases are pretty good...I appreciate the great work these guys are putting into these roms...I'm currently using 6.6 and I love it....I'm not looking back.:)

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the alpha run on triumph, I just don't look forward to it for multiple reasons, mostly cause of the UI I guess. Maybe I'm missing something lol.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

LEET

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.8.9

I think another reason they release alpha versions is for people to test. Developers can only fix what they know is wrong, and everybody uses their phone different. People trying the alpha versions are essential to getting to the beta stage and then a final when all is working

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Triumph CM9 v0.6.9.4 (Released)

The Devs over at Android Forums are currently working on getting HDMI working it seems interesting to say the least :D