[Petition] Mission Get Gingerbread....

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I know that people are already saying we'll never get Gingerbread on our phone but these could have an impact.....

So i propose that instead of doing nothing we sign these petitions to ask for what we want...

This one ask for 100 signatures the sooner the better :)...

Motorola: Update the Motorola Triumph to the latest Android OS.

This one would definetly have more impact asking for 20,000 signatures i know we have more Triumph users then that just look at how many views some of these threads have....

Motorola: Upgrade Motorola Triumph To Gingerbread.

i would love to theme and mod a Gingerbread for our Triumph please sign...

Reactions: loukin

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not to shut down ur idea but that is why the "hacking" scene exist. Just root and flash a rom. U have that liberty, Moto and Virgin are probably never going to release an update.

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Im a make roms for the triumph ( I don’t think its the hackers responsiblity to bring updates to the users I think its both Motorola's and Virgin Mobile's responsiblity they made the phone) although they are an improvement over stock I feel that an update would do help alot and in my opinion stock is better then CM7 because I use the HDMI feature very often......

loukin

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The thing is Motorola should not stop supporting a phone just because it is a prepaid device. And Motorola needs to update to Ice Cream Sandwich and I don't think there is a hack for that.

agentc13

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what ROMs are available, there is nothing wrong with seeing if the manufacturer/carrier will push an update. Many people would rather not void their warranty by doing any of that stuff. And many others don't have the inclination to mess with it even of they don't care about the warranty.

I'm not holding my breath, but trying can't hurt anything.

Reactions: Mobstergunz

dhwagner

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It will be a waste of time - they are not going to do it - they will come out with a new phone before they up grade it stock.

I really like the work the Devs do - the companies try to lock you in to a locked down system - with the ROMS we get rid of bloat wear to a lean and fast system something the companies will never do.

Them putting their version of Ginger or better yet ICS on the phone would be like Microsoft saying you have to use Windows Vista on your computer -- you cannot change it -- and locking it up to keep people from changing systems unless they pay huge upgrade fees.

Freedom of choice and these great Devs have the ability to create something great.

COME ON CM9 - waiting for the Beta version.

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It will be a waste of time - they are not going to do it - they will come out with a new phone before they up grade it stock.

I really like the work the Devs do - the companies try to lock you in to a locked down system - with the ROMS we get rid of bloat wear to a lean and fast system something the companies will never do.

Them putting their version of Ginger or better yet ICS on the phone would be like Microsoft saying you have to use Windows Vista on your computer -- you cannot change it -- and locking it up to keep people from changing systems unless they pay huge upgrade fees.

Freedom of choice and these great Devs have the ability to create something great.

well even if they did release the update i can guarantee that even if it is "locked down" us Devs will open those locks and make something everyone even Galaxy Nexus users will want for their devices just because there would be an update doesn't mean it ends there..... look at the intercept after its update Development skyrocketed that would probably happen to the Triumph aswell seeing as it is a best phone available.... and don't you think that us paying for the most expensive phone we would get the most perks? (we're their most loyal and valued customers) i wouldn't have much confidence in Virgin Mobile if they pushed us aside as if we'll just move on to a new phone that's enough to make people switch phone companies.....

*Note* Android is open source unlike those other companies we have liberty to change and modify android freely

Last edited:

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep plus that is what motorola and other companies want, to buy another phone not update the current ones. Its a way to make money and the percentage of people that will really know the difference of froyo and gingerbread is really small. It is really hard to get an update and even harder to ask and get one by petition.

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep plus that is what motorola and other companies want, to buy another phone not update the current ones. Its a way to make money and the percentage of people that will really know the difference of froyo and gingerbread is really small. It is really hard to get an update and even harder to ask and get one by petition.

True but I doesn't hurt to try :)

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Every single phone i have is Hack, a Verizon Fascinate, VM Optimus V, and the Moto Triumph. I guess its up to the owner.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I had my MT on the stock rom for about a day. It all worked, but the GPS target was off be at least 5 city blocks. It would take Forever to lock in. With a GB rom installed & the GPS fix I found on XDA Developers site, it all works FASTER! No complaints. My husband's OV ran ok on stock froyo but.. he needed to use his phone for business cause his boss is CHEAP!
To run all he needs, I rooted to rid it of bloat. It was still slow. Going custom GB rom improved it greatly.
My son's HTC Wildfire S is bone stock. His needs are simple so I kept it stock. What do you need your phone to do for you? ! It's a personal choice. I believe Everything gingerbread is better than froyo. I don't believe THEY are going to give it to us voluntarily.

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm signing because even through I ADORE CM7.2, and am excited for CM9, I would love to play around in ICS, or even get a bit of an upgrade. You are right in that we have bought the most expensive phone, and I've been with them since the month they released the Intercept! Granted I'm still paying the $25 a month price(because I am a cheapo) I would totally not mind paying the $35 a month if it meant getting an updated OS, one that competes with the "big boys".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante