Crappy antenna.....

pbreeze

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont know much about the internal hardware of the triumph, but are all the antenna's in this phone garbage or did i just get a crappy one? I've previously had an Optimus V, which had great signal. Right now, I have an Optimus Slider sitting right next to a Triumph and the signal readings are drastically different... The Triumph is at -101 dbm and the Slider is at -88 dbm. Are there any resources to find out how to solder in an aftermarket antenna? Or even remove the one from the slider LOL. And please dont say anything to me about changing PRL's, In Tallahassee there's only one tower which sprint/boost/vm/straight talk androids connect to, which was an old alltel tower. I have changed to a Sprint PRL, just in case priority is an issue, but of course that has no impact on the reception of the phone itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I DONT know if is the same thing as it was the g nexus with verizon. They say the g nexus had a more accurate antenna therefore displaying the actual dbm it receive...
But that just me saying. So IDK

pbreeze

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought that at first too, but then i ran a speed test and the results were horrendous in comparison to the Slider or the V, i mean on average with the Triumph i'm getting MAYBE 100kbps down.....thank god for wifi...

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I live in a non-city area and I get about the same amount of signal I got on my intercept. Haven't really noticed a difference. No bars in the same places at work, 1 bar w/3g by the by one of the CNC lathes, and about 2 bars w/3g where I park my car and at home. No signal at my mommom's house and no indoor signal at my other grandparent's place, indoors(both of which I don't visit often and with one set having wifi, it wouldn't really justify the cost of paying more than 30$/mo w/phone insurance).

But I have heard they have one less band or whatever it functions on, hence worse signal.

Reactions: pbreeze

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I had an optimistic v and see no difference the triumph has way better wifi range it depends on your area some places 10mimutes away there's nothing it seems I live on the edge of 3 bars and no bars 3 blocks from my house I got 3 to 4 bars wtf

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech