Thinking about switching from Optimus to Triumph

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Day one with the Triumph, running AOKP, and its definitely snappier. Wish I had a camera, but that's my only downside to switching from Optimus V so far.

EDIT: Just found out gannon has stopped development of aokp. Crap.

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to the triumph from the optimus and I'm loving it so far. I don't have a cam at the moment but no biggy. The only downside is battery life I've done every thing I can and I still only get 2-3 hours out of it with constant use, plus Ubuntu soon to release the phone OS I wanted to get a phone above 1 GHz and was pleased to find I could over clock up to 2 GHz which basically destroyed my battery. Down 20% in 15 mins. Overall I would recommend this too a friend as long as they keep there charger on hand ;)

Phone specs:
1GHz stock (2 GHz oc)
512mb ram
1gb internal storage
4.1in display 720p (beautiful btw)
Hdmi out
5MP back camera VGA front facing camera

Other things:
Since the back battery compartment is metal there is better hear transfer meaning a cooler phone

If your going to buy this phone goto radio shack I got mine for 199 (215 plus tax):D

Also they do not have otter boxes for this phone:(

Sent from my WX435 using Android Central Forums

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, try turning off gps, 3gdata and bluetooth if it's on. Those things are like gremlins to my Android. I have a toggle on my phone so if I'm gonna use data I can turn 3g on really fast. And back off when I'm done.

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to the triumph from the optimus and I'm loving it so far. I don't have a cam at the moment but no biggy. The only downside is battery life I've done every thing I can and I still only get 2-3 hours out of it with constant use, plus Ubuntu soon to release the phone OS I wanted to get a phone above 1 GHz and was pleased to find I could over clock up to 2 GHz which basically destroyed my battery. Down 20% in 15 mins. Overall I would recommend this too a friend as long as they keep there charger on hand ;)

Phone specs:
1GHz stock (2 GHz oc)
512mb ram
1gb internal storage
4.1in display 720p (beautiful btw)
Hdmi out
5MP back camera VGA front facing camera

Other things:
Since the back battery compartment is metal there is better hear transfer meaning a cooler phone

If your going to buy this phone goto radio shack I got mine for 199 (215 plus tax):D

Also they do not have otter boxes for this phone:(

They are still getting 200 dollars for this re branded piece of .

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
They are still getting 200 dollars for this re branded piece of .

True lol there are no great roms for this phone. 4.0 roms no camera and are no longer in development which sucks, 2.3.7 miui can't Awnser calls literally. And anything below 2.3.7 doesn't have hot spots.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
True lol there are no great roms for this phone. 4.0 roms no camera and are no longer in development which sucks, 2.3.7 miui can't Awnser calls literally. And anything below 2.3.7 doesn't have hot spots.

Sorry, I did not follow the whole thread. I just snap Miui on my Moto Triumph and this gave new life to my old moto triumph. It answer calls and tether without any problems. I have cooked up a guide in this forum.

bun