Should i switch from optimus to triumph?

Tricyclethief

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my optimus for while now and like the phone but found a sale at radio shack right now to get a triumph for $169. I'd like to have the bigger size and front camera for video chat. Any thoughts? Im still on the $25 plan so not in a rush to start spending $35 for one of the new phones. Thanks

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
They both got their problems my ole
lady has the triumph, it reboots randomly every 2 weeks or so. As long as you format the SD card and keep every app you can on SD card it should be fine. I might get one soon, but not sure, between that and HTC( I know weird comparisant,) and turn my ov into a mp3 player,

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Rooted with CM7.2, my triumph runs great.
I setup an OV for a friend for her birthday and it seemed like quite a fine phone indeed.
The problem with triumphs is they will always have a problem.
Occasionally my back-button doesn't work, so I tap home, relaunch the app, then the back button works again. So I'd buy it, and use it like a tablet for a couple days. Make sure there's no bugs first, then activate.

That said, the plan shouldn't be upped with a triumph. Most anything released after that tho, your plan will go up.

Tricyclethief

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's why I wanted to go with triumph, flash, option to video chat and get to keep my $25 plan. Thanks for the posts I ended up buying one for $115 so im pretty happy, should get it tomorrow or next day

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Congratz! Hopefully you won't have any hardware bugs. That said, test it out a couple days before breaking your warranty w/rooting and such, if it has any big bugs, you'll want to return it w/o hassle.
And again, don't activate it till you know it'll suit your needs :)

sjxclusive

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's why I wanted to go with triumph, flash, option to video chat and get to keep my $25 plan. Thanks for the posts I ended up buying one for $115 so im pretty happy, should get it tomorrow or next day

It is a sweet deal, I had rooted an Optimus V for my friend and in exchange he gave me two Triumphs that he couldn't get working. I searched amazon and found a universal wall dock to charge the battery because all cables I had didn't work. At this point, I thought the usb ports were shot, but today I actually got both of them working, so I switched over from my OV and decided to give it a whirl. I connected to my computer using a HTC evo charger and it works fine. I've already flashed 3 roms and I love it. My OV and the Triumph both get a 4/5 with me.;)

sjxclusive

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
By the way, that was actually my first post I have been coming to the site for sometime now, but after joining in December I feel like I belong here. I love this place!O:)

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
By the way, that was actually my first post I have been coming to the site for sometime now, but after joining in December I feel like I belong here. I love this place!O:)

Welcome! And I agree, the phone gets a solid 3.5/5 but if you get one relatively free of bugs, it's easily a 4/5!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084