change app name in menu?

angelgabbby

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way or that I can change the name that you see in the general phone menu for an app? I have an app that lets us lock any app we select with a passcode to open, but theres some of them I would also prefer to just have the apps initials show if someone is scrolling down thru our normal programs menu. Is it possible to change (or an app that can do it)??? I thought at least there should be someway to change the whole menu icon for programs(which would also maybe change the name, if the name is actually part of the icons image). Any instructions would be Greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time& assistance.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend a 3rd-party Launcher like GO Launcher, Nova Launcher or Apex for example.

They don't allow you to rename the Apps in the drawer but (among many other features) they do allow you to hide them from the drawer and then rename the App icon on the Home screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
What about with ADW launcher? I have a few apps(like a diary app and period tracker) that I'd love to just name something super mundane(like student planner or food diary, the logo looks like a grapefruit xD), but don't want to clog up my phone with another launcher(this one has been pretty good to me, but Zeam launcher is a good app).

I will note, another thing you could do, with a launcher like GO(I will note apparently there's something sketchy with Go's permissions or something weird, they mentioned it on the AC podcast about a month ago) is rename any apps you want and such, but also to remove the shortcut to the app tray on your homescreen. Seriously, make your actual home screens your thing to access all your apps, and you can hide bloatware if you're afraid to root.
That's what I did back when I used the old samsung intercept! :)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova can do all that but what sets it apart from Apex & ADW which both support Badge Notifications for SMS / GMail / Missed Calls is that Nova supports Badge Notifications for ALL Apps which IMO puts it over the top as I'm a huge Notification junky - any App that improves the way I get Notifications I'll get & global Badge Notifications is something sorely missed when compared iDevices.

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cindy ccc

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have tried to do this on my own but i can not, i need to change the name and icon of the app "the vault" so my bf cant delete it off my settings app drawer on my xperia s. We all should be allowed privacy. can someone change the name to "xperia backup" and to some kind of icon please and send me the app in apk or something so i can install it on my phone., pls pls pls. ill love you forever! please send the app to cindy20132013@live.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance