Motorola Triumph suddenly won't charge on the charger ? (3)

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I just like closely looked into my USB port on my actual phone, and I noticed that the little card/slot thing is crooked....like that's the part that goes inside the male/phone charger itself....I have no idea if it was always crooked like that or if that 1 day this problem occurred, it became crooked. What should I do? Could that possibly be the problem to this entire issue with my phone?

*Prying up the tabs seems like it did nothing because first, the tabs on my charger don't really go up no matter how hard I try and also, that can't be the issue because my other family member's phones who own an HTC Wildfire can perfectly charge on that charger*

The charger I was using that also charges my family member's phones is an HTC Wildfire charger. The charger has worked for my phone before and it was perfectly fine. I switched back to my original charger that came with my phone it has been better than the HTC Wildfire charger but the same issue still occurred once.

Jason Echolls

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The charger port is known for going bad on these phones.If you still have the warranty on the phone call VM about it.The port fails due to bad design on Motorola's part.It just gives over time :(.

piiiiiink15

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying there's basically no hope for my phone to go back to normal? :( That's depressing...I did have my phone for over a year, and I'm no longer under warranty

Jason Echolls

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Ouch that sucks.If it has never been replaced then yea you are kind of SOL.You can use tweezers to force the mirco USB charger port back to a position for the charger to work on it again but too much of that will break the port.Now if you have had it replaced before then the warranty is extended by 1 year from the time you get your replacement phone.

dhwagner

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
What I would do - and this is what I do - I rarely plug my phone in - I have 3 xtra batteries I purchased on EBay - and a charger - I rotate batteries - I always have charged batteries around - when power get's low I change the battery. the chargers are cheap and work well - saves you from having to buy a new phone. Sounds like the usb plug on the phone is busted -
go the extra battery route and forget the charger - but you are probably out if you try and connect usb to computer to transfer files - one way to do that is take out the MicroSD and load files on it first then put it back into your phone.

dacubz

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Great advice on the batteries. My mini USB port suddenly became loose and wouldn't charge constantly either. VM told me that I'm screwed, and after paying monthly insurance (stupid me), I'd still have to pay 100 bucks to replace my phone. I went to Amazon and ordered ab Anker charger and two batteries for less than 35 bucks total. I always have a good battery and a spare now. These batteries are giving me about 18 hours of life per charge, better than the crappy original Motorola that came wit my Triumph. Cancelled the insurance too.