With some effort I was able to install CyanogenMod on my old Motorola Triumph WX435 however it's now time to put it on eBay or Craigslist. Without having to download and install any new software, is there a way to delete all data? Even if CyanogenMod is deleted, that's OK. I just want to wipe it completely clean.

Any suggestions will be appreciated but I'm not too tech savvy so please provide simple step-by-step instructions.
    03-14-2015 04:53 PM
    Deleting Cyanogen will leave you with an unbootable phone. It'll turn on, go to a black screen and sit there. The phone's only useful to people who know how to flash ROMS after that. Considering that it's worth about $20 on Craig's List, I guess that's not too important. But deleting Cyanogen won't delete your data.

But if you enable USB debugging and connect the phone to a PC and run adb, you should be able to run the shred command on the entire userdata partition. That deletes and overwrites all your downloaded apps, pictures, documents, data, etc. Or you could use the dd command to write /dev/zero or /dev/random to the userdata partition.

Or, if you don't want to go to the trouble, install https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.standard

Then make an apk file out of it (I use App Backup & Restore but there are apk maker apps). Copy the apk file to your PC. Factory reset the phone. Copy the apk file back to the phone. Run the apk file to install the app. Run the app. Uninstall the app. Factory reset the phone. (The whole thing should take 10 minutes.) The NSA might be able to recover some information after that, but the cost wouldn't warrant it unless you're a known terrorist or something.
    03-14-2015 07:01 PM